Manchester United 14/15 thread

Hopefully exciting times ahead with Van Gaal coming in!

Not sure we will see much movement before the World Cup ends but I hope to see the likes of Shaw and Hummels arriving.

We need to punt Young, Anderson, Cleverley and maybe a few more.

Confident Van Gaal will get us back in the top four and challenging to an extent.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure they need as many changes as some think, although that might be down to the fact last season seems ages ago and I've forgotten how brutal they actually were

Do we (har har) really have to go through this on every thread? I've not got an English team, but it doesn't bother me one f**k if some people do

What a truly pointless contribution.

If anyone has the ability to turn it around at United it will be Van Gaal. Expecting a load of signings and a big clear out of the deadwood.

I'd get used to it because I'll be posting the same remark on the Man U 2015/16 thread.

As they'll still be utter, utter c***s.

Certain guys just need to be told they don't have a future at utd, a big clean out is needed and a lot of money needs to be spent this year. Your not going to win anything with players like Cleverly and Young in the side they are simply not good enough to keep up with chelsea and man city

I'm not sure they need as many changes as some think, although that might be down to the fact last season seems ages ago and I've forgotten how brutal they actually were

What?

They need almost a whole new defence and midfield.

Left back, 2 centrebacks, 2 centre mids and 2 wide players.

Cleverly, Fellaini, Young, Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Nani, Jones - all need to move on as they wont fit into Van Gaal's style.

Smalling has the most potential from their remaining defenders to play from the back. I also don't think he will like the idea of Rafael, who is hot headed and error prone. He wants quick dynamic midfielders with an eye for a pass. That rules out all the central midfielders. Carrick was good but passed it now.

Nani is staying as it would cost a fortune to release him but he might get the best out of him, but how long have we been saying this.

I reckon he will want to keep the following....De Gea, Buttner (Dutch), Evra, Evans (back up), Mata, Rooney, Smalling, Januzaj, Van Persie and potentially Kagawa.

Unsure if he will rate Welbeck.

It's such an underwhelming signing from Man Utd. He's not a bad player, but you wouldn't really expect them to be stooping to the level of signing a guy who can't get a game for Arsenal. Suppose that's where the lack of Champions League football gets you.

He was very good for a few seasons at Arsenal but obviously has fallen out of favour. If he's the first with a few more higher profile defenders then will be a good addition to the squad at least.

Phil Jones still has some potential I think but he needs to show it this season or the games up.

It's such an underwhelming signing from Man Utd. He's not a bad player, but you wouldn't really expect them to be stooping to the level of signing a guy who can't get a game for Arsenal. Suppose that's where the lack of Champions League football gets you.

It's like a reversal of Silvestre signing for Arsenal from Man Utd a few years ago - average squad player signed in desperation. Shows how things have changed.

Archived