The Independence Vote, Afterwards.

eindhovendee

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there will be any civil unrest, no matter what the result.

Do people really think there will riots in the street over a Yes or No vote?

I think the only way your likely to see protests on the street is if No win by a bawhair, a few thousand or so. There is bound to be some conspiracy theory in that scenario. Riots, I doubt.

Lichtgilphead :(

Absolute shocker you're having here :lol:

Back to your usual trolling, I see.

That's a shame, as I was looking forward to exposing your ignorance of the other occasion that the UK Government used a 40% rule (Wales), and the time that it completely ignored a referendum result (Western Australia).

Could you clarify what you mean, there?

Do you genuinely believe that people across Europe will be laughing at us if we vote no? Amid more importantly, what is "damaged" about our national psyche?

thing is of we vote no than that's the democratic will of the people so I see no reason for it to damage this "national psyche" you speak off. Besides from my personal point of view anything that reinforces Scotland's position as a subset of the United Kingdom is a good thing

Do you genuinely believe that people across Europe will be laughing at us if we vote no? Amid more importantly, what is "damaged" about our national psyche?

thing is of we vote no than that's the democratic will of the people so I see no reason for it to damage this "national psyche" you speak off. Besides from my personal point of view anything that reinforces Scotland's position as a subset of the United Kingdom is a good thing

Yes

& that obviously is your personal point of view. it is not fact, my personal opinion is that links with the UQ is a bad thing

I usually have you blocked but since it's a direct response to my post I will reply.

The Scottish national psyche is unfortunately epitomised by the well known "Scottish cringe". It's negativity. It's lack of aspiration. It's lack of self belief. It's about "knowing our place" and not getting above your station. It's only since moving away from Scotland that I this has become blindingly obvious to me. In my view, this is caused by being what at best can be described as a junior partner in the UK.

It's akin to a 40 year old man living with his mother. He's unlikely he's going to be the most confident, well-rounded person, is he?

There's no doubt in my mind that Scotland has a 'damaged national psyche'.

It's a place of 5m people, rich in natural resources, factually speaking a proportional contributor to the UK's wealth, many of it's nearest neighbours are similar small countries that are seen as some of the most succesful nation states on the planet.

Yet seemingly the majority of people here think Indepedence is too "risky" and have an almost flat earth belief that we're a subsidised drain on England.

It's actually a complete absurdity. If I believed most people up here see Britain as a profoundly positive institution both for its citizens and internationally, I wouldn't mind the concept of said people rejecting it's break up. I don't believe that for a second. I think too many people up here are just complete shitebags.

It's a place of 5m people, rich in natural resources, factually speaking a proportional contributor to the UK's wealth, many of it's nearest neighbours are similar small countries that are seen as some of the most succesful nation states on the planet.

Yet seemingly the majority of people here think Indepedence is too "risky" and have an almost flat earth belief that we're a subsidised drain on England.

It's actually a complete absurdity. If I believed most people up here see Britain as a profoundly positive institution both for its citizens and internationally, I wouldn't mind the concept of said people rejecting it's break up. I don't believe that for a second. I think too many people up here are just complete shitebags.

BUT THE MAN SAIYS

BUT THE MAN SAIYS

I'm pretty sure before I ever became interested in politics, I thought Scotland was poor as f**k and got all its wonga from England's generosity. People my age who aren't that bothered still think this is the case.

How does it even happen, I can't remember what made me believe such nonsense :lol:

WHO'S CUTTING ABOUT TELLING c***s THIS?

I'm pretty sure before I ever became interested in politics, I thought Scotland was poor as f**k and got all its wonga from England's generosity. People my age who aren't that bothered still think this is the case.

How does it even happen, I can't remember what made me believe such nonsense :lol:

I was exactly the same.

This cunto needs to take a long hard look at themselves as i assume it is them

article-2291206-188D5E92000005DC-972_634

If it's a NO vote I'll certainly not be slow in reminding NO voters of their choice when things go pete tong again in a year or 2.

I think my pride in being Scottish will evaporate in the event of a NO vote, what does it say about a country/nation when it;s populace think it's better for the most selfish part of the UK to set the agenda for Scotland, it's like keeping your kids in in case they skin their knee outside.

"National Psyche".

Nearly every creative mind in Scotland is backing a YES vote ( exept JKR).

I bet that a hope to improve the pysche of this nation plays a large part in their minds.

Cringe had been rife in Scotland for tens of decades. Its only in your lifetime that the cringe has lessend to this point where we have woken up to realise that we can do better than to be a "subset".

You have no idea just how debilitating Scotland's cringe was.

You will though get to experiance that cringe for the rest of your natural, after a No vote. Lucky you.

If you crush the National pride of a country's creative minds, you crush the psyche of that nation.

The whole world will be watching in September to see what happens.

If its a YES, people will think "I want a piece of that" and buisness and tourism will rise as a result.

If its a No, people will think "sh*tebags".

What will happen after it all?

Well, when it's all done, the cybernats will blow up. Their make-believe wannabe political careers will be over. Forced back into the reality that they are not politicians, they will inevitably grow beards, drink more and cry every third evening watching Braveheart on mute preferring the soundtrack be provided by their world cup '98 compilation cassette.

Just minutes after the result is confirmed they will do what they do best, immediately 'shooting up' on their facebook and twitter addictions, promising a relentless uprising. The uprising will consist of a website, some t-shirts, and a customary 'piece' on Reporting Scotland/Scotland today programmes.

This self-described nationalist political 'racehorse' will be mocked by everyone else and nicknamed 'Massive Bereavement' by John McCririck due to it's quick death after a fallen race.

Britain will continue as was. The 'white paper' will be published for hundreds of years alongside other brothers grimm fairytales such as Hansel and Gretel.

Nicola Sturgeon will melt.

I'm sure that sounded just HILARIOUS in your head.

No there won't be.

However, if a future Scottish Parliament passed a second referendum bill and Westminster interfered in any way, there would be.

Again, you're passing off your opinion as fact. You have NOTHING to back this up. I truly believe this is the only genuine shot we have at Indy in our lifetimes.

"National Psyche".

Nearly every creative mind in Scotland is backing a YES vote ( exept JKR).

I bet that a hope to improve the pysche of this nation plays a large part in their minds.

Cringe had been rife in Scotland for tens of decades. Its only in your lifetime that the cringe has lessend to this point where we have woken up to realise that we can do better than to be a "subset".

You have no idea just how debilitating Scotland's cringe was.

You will though get to experiance that cringe for the rest of your natural, after a No vote. Lucky you.

If you crush the National pride of a country's creative minds, you crush the psyche of that nation.

The whole world will be watching in September to see what happens.

If its a YES, people will think "I want a piece of that" and buisness and tourism will rise as a result.

If its a No, people will think "sh*tebags".

I usually have you blocked but since it's a direct response to my post I will reply.

The Scottish national psyche is unfortunately epitomised by the well known "Scottish cringe". It's negativity. It's lack of aspiration. It's lack of self belief. It's about "knowing our place" and not getting above your station. It's only since moving away from Scotland that I this has become blindingly obvious to me. In my view, this is caused by being what at best can be described as a junior partner in the UK.

It's akin to a 40 year old man living with his mother. He's unlikely he's going to be the most confident, well-rounded person, is he?

If it's a NO vote I'll certainly not be slow in reminding NO voters of their choice when things go pete tong again in a year or 2.

I think my pride in being Scottish will evaporate in the event of a NO vote, what does it say about a country/nation when it;s populace think it's better for the most selfish part of the UK to set the agenda for Scotland, it's like keeping your kids in in case they skin their knee outside.

Excellent, EXCELLENT posts lads. Hopefully some food for thought for the "we're too wee and too poor" brigade.

Sometimes you have to wonder about how No voters think.

Again, you're passing off your opinion as fact. You have NOTHING to back this up. I truly believe this is the only genuine shot we have at Indy in our lifetimes.

What you basing that on exactly? There is absolutely nothing to back your opinion up. The fact is everything is in in place for us to have another referendum if we want one.

The only way we won't have one again is if we don't want one.

To suggest this is our only shot is blatantly shameless fact less based scaremongering.

What you basing that on exactly? There is absolutely nothing to back your opinion up. The fact is everything is in in place for us to have another referendum if we want one.

The only way we won't have one again is if we don't want one.

To suggest this is our only shot is blatantly shameless fact less based scaremongering.

Are you having an actual giraffe?

You pass your opinion of as fact, despite having nothing to back it up, then ask me to back my opinion up? At least I admit my opinion is just that. An opinion.

To suggest we're guaranteed another referendum is a pie in the sky attempt to deflect from the current referendum.

Even if we do get another chance - if then, why not now?

Are you having an actual giraffe?

You pass your opinion of as fact, despite having nothing to back it up, then ask me to back my opinion up? At least I admit my opinion is just that. An opinion.

To suggest we're guaranteed another referendum is a pie in the sky attempt to deflect from the current referendum.

Even if we do get another chance - if then, why not now?

Of course we aren't guaranteed one. There may not be any demand by the Scottish people for one, we may never vote in a nationalist administration again. We may be like Quebec and nationalisms ebbs and dies after it's rejected.

If however we want one, we will get one. If the next generation wants a referendum, they will get one.

How exactly do you think a future referendum will be prevented?

Of course we aren't guaranteed one. There may not be any demand by the Scottish people for one, we may never vote in a nationalist administration again. We may be like Quebec and nationalisms ebbs and dies after it's rejected.

If however we want one, we will get one. If the next generation wants a referendum, they will get one.

How exactly do you think a future referendum will be prevented?

You're the one hypothesising.

Can you provide concrete proof that we WILL get another referendum?

Archived