The Independence Vote, Afterwards.

eindhovendee

I'm not familiar with these laws, could you explain them?

And I think it's ridiculous because it's unnecessary. I haven't lived in a family structure for almost three years, and I turned out just fine. I still hang out with my family, but that's because I find them to be good people, not "because" I'm related to them.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not move to the South East of England then? Little hint of anti-English racism in your post.

I'm cool with you voting yes I just hate the "right to a family life" which gives protection to relatives of cretins like Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza

Every sympathy with Waiguoren, the pay threshold to be allowed to bring your family into the country is an appalling policy. One of my friends had to rush forward his wedding before the legislation was brought in to allow his pregnant Honduran girlfriend to stay with him.

I hope you can figure something out.

I'm not familiar with these laws, could you explain them?

And I think it's ridiculous because it's unnecessary. I haven't lived in a family structure for almost three years, and I turned out just fine. I still hang out with my family, but that's because I find them to be good people, not "because" I'm related to them.

The basic idea is that the British spouse has to prove a UK based income (you have to show six months pay) that would put them above the level where they might be able to claim some benefits. It completely ignores any ability the foreign spouse has to earn a living, nor does it consider the overseas income of the UK spouse in most circumstances (I think they can if you have a firm UK job offer in the same field and can prove the overseas earnings).

It's worst for British women who are pregnant or have young children. The aim seems to be not only to reduce the number of foreign spouses coming in, but also to reduce the number of returning UK citizens, as they also count in the net migration figures.

Yes, that would also be one of the goals, but most of the sham marriages are to people already living in the UK who would have no trouble 'proving' the necessary income. And many involve citizens from other EU countries marrying non-EU citizens and using EU rules for the spouse to stay in thei UK. Bizarrely, it would be very easy for Waiguoren to move to any other EU country with his wife, but not to the UK.

It is surely clear to all involved that it is only after a successful Independence campaign, can the real campaign begin as a means to bring order and change and to make Scotland for the better!

And make Scotland a just place for all live here!

post-55242-0-41601700-1403441217.png post-55242-0-70288800-1403441233.jpg

post-55242-0-64313500-1403441256.jpg post-55242-0-97912500-1403441303.png

In the even of a yes vote:

We build our own nation, with our own ideas and thoughts.

Every now and then you may see pro-unionists campaign for a referendum on independence again.

In the event of a No vote:

Tories continue to take the piss out of Scotland and leave us with lower morale, in a few years independence will rear its head again but will be laughed down in the House of Commons.

Why not move to the South East of England then? Little hint of anti-English racism in your post.

I'm cool with you voting yes I just hate the "right to a family life" which gives protection to relatives of cretins like Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza

If the relatives of Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza have done nothing wrong why should they not be protected?

The xenophobic Tory foreign spouse laws are disgusting as far as I'm concerned.

anyway, on the subject of the thread, there will be a lot of bitterness and disappointment from the losing side which is only natural.

If Yes loses there will be introspection and finger pointing a la 79/80. Various people will be blamed for incompetence, bad tactics and peddling the wrong message. There will be the sickening smugness of No voters and a remarkable amnesia about the "further powers" they have promised to legislate for.

If No loses then I suspect catastrophist mewling will quickly be shown up for the shallow bullshit it is. In any case, the negotiation process that will start soon after a Yes vote will likely drown out the girning from yeserday's people- the likes of Gray, Lamont, Rennie, et al.

Whatever the result I hope the losing side accepts it with good grace. If Yes loses now, then it will win next time. This campaign will have proven to be another staging post rather than the final chapter in a long, long journey.

Dreading the day after if its a NO vote, trying to put as much effort in as I can to convince people before that date so come the 19th I have no regrets. All YES voters do the same please! :thumsup2

I know this wont help but in the event of a No vote I would like the SG to introduce means tested tuition fees.

And charge those who can afford to pay heavily.

;)

Archived