Red Arrows in Scotland

"The estimated cost of hosting the event is about £524,000, but organisers suggest it will earn about £1 million for the local economy as well as boost Stirling's profile as a tourist destination." http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/pm-and-salmond-hail-armed-forces-as-thousands-gather-for-forces-and-bannockburn-celeb.1403967346

"The estimated cost of hosting the event is about £524,000, but organisers suggest it will earn about £1 million for the local economy as well as boost Stirling's profile as a tourist destination." http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/pm-and-salmond-hail-armed-forces-as-thousands-gather-for-forces-and-bannockburn-celeb.1403967346
that million pound figure was completely pulled out their arse, when the tourist spending argument is used you know they are desperate to justify spending in any way whatsoever.

Good job bannockburn live was a sell out so they can fudge the figures ;)

Izzatafact?

"General Admission tickets are still available for both dates. The event arena for both days offers standing access only." http://www.ticketsoup.com/tickets/bannockburn-live-2014-15166/default.aspx

Stirling was mobbed yesterday, I've never seen so many folk on the railway platforms. There was a mix of folk who had clearly been at Bannockburn Live (kids with Scottish shields and swords) and folk who had been at the Armed Forces Day - medals, military paraphernalia etc and I expect more than a few had been to both. All in all the town was buzzing and I expect tills were ringing like Billy-o. A good day for all concerned but there will always be fannies who whine about cost.

Izzatafact?

"General Admission tickets are still available for both dates. The event arena for both days offers standing access only." http://www.ticketsoup.com/tickets/bannockburn-live-2014-15166/default.aspx

Stirling was mobbed yesterday, I've never seen so many folk on the railway platforms. There was a mix of folk who had clearly been at Bannockburn Live (kids with Scottish shields and swords) and folk who had been at the Armed Forces Day - medals, military paraphernalia etc and I expect more than a few had been to both. All in all the town was buzzing and I expect tills were ringing like Billy-o. A good day for all concerned but there will always be fannies who whine about cost.

Was a sell out yesterday which was the main day and yip stirling was buzzing

Izzatafact?

Yeah, folk who whine about cost when we're having austerity rammed down our throats are really 'fannies' :1eye

I actually know the guy from Inverness - it was all he ever really wanted to do, so fair play to him.

I really couldn't give much of a way of a flying fig about the Red Arrows though. I do think it's kind of strange that people want to see Trident closed down yet blame the Tories for closing down our military air bases. But that's an irrelevant aside.

Was a sell out yesterday which was the main day and yip stirling was buzzing

...wis that not because it was such a flop they reduced the amount of days it was being held on and then the amount of tickets on sale on the remaining days?

...wis that not because it was such a flop they reduced the amount of days it was being held on and then the amount of tickets on sale on the remaining days?

Nope it was meant to be a flop due to the armed forces day being free,but yet again according to the police twitter its a sell out again today

Hence why theres been no media coverage of it being a catastrophe etc etc etc :)

...but again - its a sell out only because they vastly reduced the amount of tickets on sale.

...but again - its a sell out only because they vastly reduced the amount of tickets on sale.

I had a look at the line up on a poster midweek and it was absolutely terrible. The Scribblers Picnic was better.

No idea how many tickets they sold. Seemed to be a lot of tourists in Stirling for it. Gave a few Americans directions.

Didn't go to armed forces day but watched a lot of the helicopters and jets at work on Friday. It was good.

Archived