League One Odds

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no expert in gambling but is it really?

Each way to finish top three at a quarter of the odds seems a pretty decent punt to me. If they carry on their end of season form could be genuine title contenders.

Dunfermline won't be running away with it (famous last words)

Edit : Waves at Cliche

I'm no expert in gambling but is it really?

Edit: not you Brian.

Well we're apparently building a midtable League Two team from the manager down and the rest of the clubs don't really stand a credible chance so, yup.

10/3 is hilariously short for ourselves, if EW places for only the top 3 then I think Airdrie would be fairly priced. A possible option on the handicap market though.

Think we have already got a better squad than last season, yes wee Stirling a loss but we will see who we get left sided to replace him. Dunfermline clear fav but that adds pressure too. First things first for us, hopefully get a better start than last season and keep away from the bottom then see where the season goes from there.

I've been a fan of Jefferies as Pars boss because of the team spirit he fostered and the clear bond that was there between coaches and players. The way our season fizzled out left me a bit worried though. Can't fault his signings and getting them in so early is great business in terms of preseason preparation.

We saw what happened when we thought all we had to so was turn up to beat Cowden but hopefully JJ and the players learn from that. Our squad, 100% motivated and in good form are clear favourites but can we handle pressure? Having Ryan Thomson available as a midfielder again hopefully can add that bit of height and muscle to our midfield when required but I've never been convinced that he makes the most of his stature. Moff has been signed as the main man but if Ryan Wallace can get/stay fit I'll feel a bit more comfortable with the favourites tag.

Are Airdrie contenders? Was the way they skooshed up the league a sign of things to come this season or just one of those freak things when a team seems so down and out that it's like a pressure lifts from them and they start playing with more freedom - similar to what we've seen with Hearts perhaps? I'm sure they'll turn us over at East End as usual regardless of how the season pans out.

Duffy is a wily old foe of ours since his Fakirk days so I think Morton fans should have a bit of trust in him - he knows how to put a strong team together.

Airdrie are massively overpriced. Lost a few decent players and have yet to replace them and you can hardly think they have the sufficient budget with McAleer going to East fuckin' Fife.

Unless something drastic happens they will be bottom half.

Morton have 4/5 signed players at the moment. Its impossible to tell whether they can make a challenge or not at the moment so the bookies are quoting odds based on the fact that we will be one of two full time sides in the league. Nothing other than that and last season proved a full time team trawling in the dregs of the full time market may quite possibly be worse than the best paying part time teams who are looking for players at the top end of their market.

It's difficult to see how they came up with these prices. Barely a player signed, a reduced budget, and they stick us in as third favorites? I'd not go near us at 8/1 e/w.

I don't think Stranraer will repeat the season they just had either.

The two fill time teams are probably accurately priced, but below that it's in flux at the moment and I'd not go near it with my cash.

Too early to say who'll finish 2nd to 10th, it's a one horse race to the title. Moffat with decent providers round him will easily score more than 30 league goals this season - that bet would interest me more.

All those prices are horrendous. Dunfermline have signed a few part-time players, Morton have hardly any players, we've lost 3 of our best players and signed no-one

If I had to bet I'd probably pick a team like Stenny e/w.

We've signed Marc Fitzpatrick

Archived