Haddington Manager

whispers

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like there keeping there cards close to there chest cammy. Nobody wanting to spill who they have signed?

Why not announce signings, I thought that would be good press for the new Manager? Other decent run clubs have.

Unless the players have filled in a form but not eligible to date the form and register yet ... and scared incase they go elsewhere if announced. Happened at Linlithgow a few seasons back.

Why not announce signings, I thought that would be good press for the new Manager? Other decent run clubs have.

Unless the players have filled in a form but not eligible to date the form and register yet ... and scared incase they go elsewhere if announced. Happened at Linlithgow a few seasons back.

Nothing to do with being a "decent run club" or not. Most existing contracts actually run to late June, meaning that new deals can't be officially confirmed until forms are registered thereafter. A lot of recent "announcements" might make for exciting reading but aren't actually completed yet - we were asked for permission to allow a club to announce their signing of one our players although he is still actually registered with us for another week or so (possibly for the very reason you mention). The floodgates will open soon - be patient.

I thought it was rather strange too for the club to say they've made good signings but not mention who!

Don't get the excuse re: contracts run to end of June etc as plenty of other clubs have announced signings for the upcoming season. Also would I be correct in saying that once the AGM has occurred on the 3rd Sat in June, then the previous season is over and therefore contracts for that season would cease?

I thought it was rather strange too for the club to say they've made good signings but not mention who!

Don't get the excuse re: contracts run to end of June etc as plenty of other clubs have announced signings for the upcoming season. Also would I be correct in saying that once the AGM has occurred on the 3rd Sat in June, then the previous season is over and therefore contracts for that season would cease?

No

where did you see the club saying they had made good signings?

where did you see the club saying they had made good signings?

Haddington Twitter retweeted the new managers tweet saying so.

So after THEWHITEGATES informative reply, can anyone confirm when a contract for a seasons deal actually ends?!

Haddington Twitter retweeted the new managers tweet saying so.

So after THEWHITEGATES informative reply, can anyone confirm when a contract for a seasons deal actually ends?!

See #72 again which you appeared to have read from your previous response. All contracts at Nitten run until 30 June, and I know a lot of other clubs are the same.

Archived