The Buffs 2014/15

Blue2

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he wants a shot at the senior game. This just shows you that being loyal to club as all fans scream out for gets you nowhere. Personally I thought with the service and loyalty Ben has shown to the buffs they wouldn't have priced him out a crack at the senior game.

Yes agree about getting a fee, but you put a price on his head that that takes the move away from him your left with a disgruntled player. Ben has given great service to the buffs, surely we should be helping him move on in his career on rather than hindering him!!

If you remember rightly mate we got our fingers burned when we thought Kilmarnock were going to sign him and it did affect his football surely the senior club in question have seen him often enough to know what he can do/

If you remember rightly mate we got our fingers burned when we thought Kilmarnock were going to sign him and it did affect his football surely the senior club in question have seen him often enough to know what he can do/

Its very important to treat the boy properly though rather than scrape every last penny out of him.

Sometimes a guy going senior doesn't work out and he will opt to return junior.

Treat him properly at the moment and he may well return to the buffs if he goes back junior.

Treat him wrong at the moment and if he opts to go back junior in the future then he could snub the buffs.

Maybe some food for thought. :) .

Well can answer that one right away he has already said he wouldn't play for any other Junior Team bar his hometown club

I know the Senior Club he really would like to join but I don't think Govan can afford him

Well if the boy has shown that form of junior loyalty to the buffs then isn't that more reason to let him have a crack at the seniors without a large fee hanging over his head?

Well if the boy has shown that form of junior loyalty to the buffs then isn't that more reason to let him have a crack at the seniors without a large fee hanging over his head?

totally agree as you said if it didn't work he would return to the buffs. But if priced out a move just now then my question is would he be so loyal in the future and have the same love for the club or would he feel let down that his chance at senior has been stopped by the club he's gave his all for

Junior teams would pay up to that if they really wanted a player!! A hear Beith gave us in the region of £2000 for a certain Kev McD:huh:

Its very important to treat the boy properly though rather than scrape every last penny out of him.

Sometimes a guy going senior doesn't work out and he will opt to return junior.

Treat him properly at the moment and he may well return to the buffs if he goes back junior.

Treat him wrong at the moment and if he opts to go back junior in the future then he could snub the buffs.

Maybe some food for thought. :) .

Spot on.

Ye cannae have first option on him if he comes back junior now but treat the guy right and he will give the club the chance to offer him a deal if he does come back.

Davy Anderson was reluctant to leave Ladeside for Queens Park,the club actually had to talk him into going,everybody could see he had the talent to play at a higher level and although ye don't want to lose quality like that,it's also good to know that your club played a significant role in the development of a guy that went onto win Spfl Div 3 player of the year,the season Rangers were in that league.

Well can answer that one right away he has already said he wouldn't play for any other Junior Team bar his hometown club

I know the Senior Club he really would like to join but I don't think Govan can afford him

"Kilwinning man in Rangers support shock"

JC mentioning the word loyal and club in the same sentence ffs!!! U wouldnt know loyal if it was there for you to catch, you have had more clubs than most people know, and you seem proud about it but to be honest your past 2 clubs you have made a right c**t of important games and it has had an effect, just ask RRG

JC mentioning the word loyal and club in the same sentence ffs!!! U wouldnt know loyal if it was there for you to catch, you have had more clubs than most people know, and you seem proud about it but to be honest your past 2 clubs you have made a right c**t of important games and it has had an effect, just ask RRG

wasn't going to reply but I will (have) Danny watt can't phone my club now and ask them to get me to stop telling truths about what happened at the buffs! I see this is your first post under a new name. I start with the loyalty comment- I never spoke about me if you read it back I spoke about Ben being loyal and let's be honest what does it get him? (3k price tag) my last two clubs? I felt I did well with the buffs and yes I made mistakes in the play offs never said I didn't bigger and better than me have done worse in bigger games. Its done I move on and don't dwell on it. If rrg wants to slaughter me for them going down that's up to him he's one man I've received great support from lots of robroy fans since then and leave the club on good terms. Your just another hater to the small list pal. I actually wish the buffs all the best but they need to quit the chairman committee ect going in papers saying one thing then doing another ie danny watt saying he won't stand in Ben's way yet putting a 3k price tag is doing exactly the opposite.

This thread is becoming the JC Show again

sorry for replying to someone having a dig! I am allowed to comment on a player I played with and feel he should be ALLOWED a crack at the senior game that's what the lad wants!

I think it's utterly deplorable that any junior club would stop a kid having a crack at senior football.

that's the point I'm making mate. Its not right if it doesn't work out he's a buffs boy and would return

Archived