Away capacities

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure how Cowden will work it yet, i'd imagine the Police will have a big say. But i'd reckon we will try to get as many away fans in as we can. Perhpas 2500 - 3000

It will be like our stint in the old 1st division. We will be in the away end and Sevco / Hearts / Hibs will get the larger home end.

It will be like our stint in the old 1st division. We will be in the away end and Sevco / Hearts / Hibs will get the larger home end.

Was that for the entire season or just certain games? Can see why fans would be annoyed by it a bit like the Falkirk fans in their main stand.

With only a capacity of 900 for away fans at dumbarton we really need to think out of the box . I have suggested to the board we let in 900 for the first half then chuck them out and let in another 900 for the second half. This should particularly suit rangers fans as most of them leave ibrox long before the 90 minutes are up.

With only a capacity of 900 for away fans at dumbarton we really need to think out of the box . I have suggested to the board we let in 900 for the first half then chuck them out and let in another 900 for the second half. This should particularly suit rangers fans as most of them leave ibrox long before the 90 minutes are up.

Liking that idea but can develop it further. Let in 900 then every time the away team score they get to rotate fans like Mike Reids runaround.

The club has to ensure that it maximises its income from the Rangers, Hearts & Hibs games. That means we have to find a way to accommodate 3000+ away fans. No point in the home support getting a bigger portion of the ground if we can't fill it. That would be losing the club income, which is stupid. I will put up with whatever the club decides. Have to put the club before the supporters for 6 games I think.

The club has to ensure that it maximises its income from the Rangers, Hearts & Hibs games. That means we have to find a way to accommodate 3000+ away fans. No point in the home support getting a bigger portion of the ground if we can't fill it. That would be losing the club income, which is stupid. I will put up with whatever the club decides. Have to put the club before the supporters for 6 games I think.

100% agree with this. Take as much out of the pay days as we can. An opportunity we're unlikely to get again and can't waste.

How are you guys still solvent? Thought you were finished a couple of months ago.

Prob the money from selling 3 of our players last season. Rankine will keep us going anyway, so he can rake in the money from our increased gates. Not wanting to think what'll happen the following season as it looks like he's formulating an exit plan.

Me as well Blueminer. I quite like the auld stand if its full. But know guys put a lot of time and effort supporting the team and to be shifted for bigger teams does get some guys backs up

I tend to agree but being stuck behind the goal pisses me off immensely. It's such a bad view. There has to be some sort of happy medium as we have a change to increase our core home support this season. That's something that has to be capitalised on as it's the long term future of the club.

What does the old stand hold?

I agree with what Blueminer is saying as well. This is a unique opportunity for Cowdenbeath to generate some much needed income so happy to put self interest aside. No problem with being put into the old stand if needs be for the games against the Edinburgh clubs and The Rangers. Other games can remain the same as last season and a telephone box can be installed to accommodate all of the precious Falkirk fans.

Archived