Hibs - Transfers - 2014/2015

Still think we are way short of putting in a challenge to win the league. Looking at the first choice eleven and just don't see where the goals are going to come from to win a league. Squad wise we are light and I feel we need another 4 'decent' players. Esp another centre half to play alongside Hanlon. We just don't have the budget to cover all eventualities however if Hanlon was to be injured our defence would give any hibs fan the fear.

As it stand are first choice would prob be

Oxley

Gray

Forster

Hanlon

Stevenson

Robertson

Craig

Stanton

Allan

Harris

Alagui

4 changes from last year. Just doesn't feel enough.

I agree with the cover at CB, having Nelson coming back in if we need him doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

I'd also say if Harris got injured we'd be very short on width and pace in the side. Frustrating that this hasn't been sorted, it's been a problem for years now.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the cover at CB, having Nelson coming back in if we need him doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

I'd also say if Harris got injured we'd be very short on width and pace in the side. Frustrating that this hasn't been sorted, it's been a problem for years now.

At the moment there is real chance that Nelson might have to play. Forster last season lost the plot. He has looked better pre-season so hopefully he can be first pick. If we could get two more players it would for me be a first pick right attacking/winger and a right sided centre half.

I feel Rangers have the best first choice eleven but most of their players have played lower league football under a poor manager. Hearts/Hibs first choice eleven to me looks quite evenly matched.

Rangers in January or sooner will need new funding and I think they will get enough to make big signings in January. If you had money invested in Rangers and you had the option of them going bust and you losing it all or invest again and be back in the top league. Feel whatever plays out before then they will buy the league in January.

I'm genuinely concerned about the lack of season ticket sales at Hibs for this coming season. I must confess that my main concern is the detrimental effect a half empty home end will do to the famous Edinburgh derby atmosphere. However, in my opinion Hearts are stronger when Hibs are strong.

I believe Hibs are at their weakest in promoting the team and their abilities. With all this in mind I've came up with this wee banner to help ticket sales..

sy416o.jpg

I'm genuinely concerned about the lack of season ticket sales at Hibs for this coming season. I must confess that my main concern is the detrimental effect a half empty home end will do to the famous Edinburgh derby atmosphere. However, in my opinion Hearts are stronger when Hibs are strong.

I believe Hibs are at their weakest in promoting the team and their abilities. With all this in mind I've came up with this wee banner to help ticket sales..

sy416o.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've not signed anywhere near the amount of players I thought we would. Probably only another 1 or 2 coming in and that'll be loans.

Aye, get the loans in. That'll bring back fond memories, of other team's pish.

308464_1.jpg

1395248191.jpg

177321-matt-done-hibernian-february-2013

220px-Roy_O%27Donovan_03-08-2013_1.jpg

_58004324_airey_hi_sns.jpg

Still think we are way short of putting in a challenge to win the league. Looking at the first choice eleven and just don't see where the goals are going to come from to win a league. Squad wise we are light and I feel we need another 4 'decent' players. Esp another centre half to play alongside Hanlon. We just don't have the budget to cover all eventualities however if Hanlon was to be injured our defence would give any hibs fan the fear.

As it stand are first choice would prob be

Oxley

Gray

Forster

Hanlon

Stevenson

Robertson

Craig

Stanton

Allan

Harris

Alagui

4 changes from last year. Just doesn't feel enough.

No way is that side anywhere good enough to challenge for the title.Being honest I wouldn't want some of those players in a Cowden team.Need more to challenge Hertz for second place.

Who the fucks the guy in the last picture? Daniel Boateng must have played about 45 minutes before disappearing then finally being sent back to Arsenal several weeks early :lol:

It's Phil Airey. Only played for 10 mins.

We could add in Richie Towell, Steve Pinau, Alan Gow, Darryl Duffy, Jonathan Grounds, Jakub DIvis, Ryan McGivern, Zoubir, Watmore and Haynes. All fucking dreadful

No way is that side anywhere good enough to challenge for the title.Being honest I wouldn't want some of those players in a Cowden team.Need more to challenge Hertz for second place.

I wouldn't go as far as the Cowden comment (which players?) but yes we do need more. The thing is though, 2nd, 3rd or 4th makes little difference, if we can't beat the team in 3rd/4th in the playoff we have no chance of promotion anyway. In an ideal world I'd like to see more faces now which will help us push for the title, but if Stubbs can't get the players he wants now I'd rather we waited until January and got good quality players in who can help us put a run together going into the playoffs, rather than panic buying the type of shite we've signed in recent years and toiling all season.

The Cowden comment was quite funny, they scraped past Clyde today. Most, if not all our players would walk into their team.

Totally agree. They'd kill to have a front two of Handling and Beanzy IMO.

Archived