Heart of Midlothian 2014-

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

At some points Hearts have to start getting rid of players lol.  Between new signings and players on the books that have made at least 1 first team appearance I now count 39 players at Hearts!

Maybe we need lots because we're going to cut some of them up and sew the bits together to make some top quality players.  Berra's heart, Cochrane's brain, Cowie's legs and Lafferty's elbows would make some player.  As long as Cathro is now well and truly off the premises and out of the experiment  - otherwise we'd end up with the Human Centipede

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Maybe we need lots because we're going to cut some of them up and sew the bits together to make some top quality players.  Berra's heart, Cochrane's brain, Cowie's legs and Lafferty's elbows would make some player.  As long as Cathro is now well and truly off the premises and out of the experiment  - otherwise we'd end up with the Human Centipede

Pet Jeden thinks he's Victor Frankenstein. :lol:

9 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

He's a good footballer but I wouldn't like to see him in our  squad, blocking starts for Cochrane, MacDonald and even Callaghan

I'd love to see him blocking starts for Callachan, who is absolutely brutal.

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Signed Oliver Bozanic. 

Aye, I've no idea either. Central midfielder apparently so that's Lee, Edwards, Callachan, Cochrane, Cowie, Djoum, Irving, Bozanic and Martin.  Could probably do with  adding another couple as we are obviously a bit light in there.

Good to see us addressing our lack of width, isn't it?

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Hearts running out of money again?

Judging by the number of players on the books, it certainly doesn't look like it.

Darren

Callachan has had a few bad games but tbf he's youngish and just stepped up a league to play in  a poor Hearts team with a honking midfield. He's about the only midfielder that shows the energy and desire to run beyond the forwards. Think there might be a player in there if he can get a run of starts and some confidence. At 24, he might improve. At 35 Cowie won't. Edwards doesn't look like an upgrade. Djoum's more gifted but can't be arsed. Martin...... So I think there should be a place for him

Edited by Pet Jeden

7 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Darren

Callachan has had a few bad games but tbf he's youngish and just stepped up a league to play in  a poor Hearts team with a honking midfield. He's about the only midfielder that shows the energy and desire to run beyond the forwards. Think there might be a player in there if he can get a run of starts and some confidence. At 24, he might improve. At 35 Cowie won't. Edwards doesn't look like an upgrade. Djoum's more gifted but can't be arsed. Martin...... So I think there should be a place for him

Would disagree that Edwards isn't an improvement. He's played at this level for much longer, has the  energy Callachan has and is the same age. He's also represented Australia at various youth levels.  I'm not even saying he'll be any good but if Callachan is the bar I think he's better than that.

Also think Djoum gets a hard time, he's played far too many games deep and can't get involved enough, don't think it's lack of effort at all.  He was actually looking far more like himself just before his injury as Adao allowed him to play further forward.

Why on earth would hearts want a wide man, when they have one who’s been tearing up the Irish premiership on the left and right wing week in and week out, on loan from hearts ally Roy  . but I’ve heard the boys fed up not getting his chance with hearts ,and has asked to leave what a joke , I watched his second goal on you tube against a team wee couldn’t beat  pre season st pats, and they won 3 0 and it’s unreal, and he will probably go .

13 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Darren

Callachan will never be good enough for Hearts. He's had a year to prove me wrong. He's not good enough. 

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Would disagree that Edwards isn't an improvement. He's played at this level for much longer, has the  energy Callachan has and is the same age. He's also represented Australia at various youth levels.  I'm not even saying he'll be any good but if Callachan is the bar I think he's better than that.

Also think Djoum gets a hard time, he's played far too many games deep and can't get involved enough, don't think it's lack of effort at all.  He was actually looking far more like himself just before his injury as Adao allowed him to play further forward.

Partick Thistle fans are absolutely mystified as to why we've signed Edwards. I hope it works out but the signs aren't great. Another squad filler when we really needed quality.

On a more general point, the lack of balance in the squad hasn't been addressed. We're pretty limited in the formations we can play next season unless some wide players are added before the end of the window.

If Hearts finish any higher than mid-table I'll be astonished. The recruitment has been appalling for at least a couple of years now and very little of what has been done this summer convinces me that's changed.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Who?
(Maybe ask the stenny boys, he was there on loan if I mind right)

I that boy got young player of the year and player of the year and fans player of the year and hearts let him go  makes you wonder what’s going on but heh ho they got rid of jack Ross I and he’s been a flop  lol

I that boy got young player of the year and player of the year and fans player of the year and hearts let him go  makes you wonder what’s going on but heh ho they got rid of jack Ross I and he’s been a flop  lol

Harry Paton got awards for Stenhousemuir and it’s thanks to Jack Ross? What? You’re incoherently stumbling about Mr Man.

Bozanic:

"He played for my club in Australia (Melbourne Victory) off the back of his time in Switzerland and was pretty poor.

Before the World Cup in 2014 (where he played against Spain and the Dutch) he played as a 10 and was pretty good - I thought he was exceptional in the game against the Dutch. Since then he's never found his groove, played as a 6, 8 and 10 and didn't look comfortable in any position and seemed to lose all attacking instinct, a LOT of sideways and backwards passing.

If he can recapture that 2014 form it'll be a quality signing, if he can't, it will be incredibly frustrating and really offer nothing."

:Craig Levein pointing smiley:

Actually quite looking forward to seeing just how appalling we will be this season.