Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Cheer up lads that's you officially signed Mulraney now.

Usually the 'other' team that gets the Jakes too..

7dTWNk4.png

Hearts have secured the pre-contract signature of Luton Town midfielder Olly Lee on a three-year deal.

The 26-year-old scored seven goals in 43 appearances this season, helping Luton to second place and promotion from English League Two.

Lee becomes the fifth new addition to Craig Levein's squad for next term.

"This is a massive club and I've known for a couple of weeks that this is potentially happening so to get it done is brilliant," Lee told Hearts TV.

"I saw the training ground and the stadium here is brilliant. To come to the Hibs game [a 2-1 home victory] and see the atmosphere, the fans really sold it for me."

Lee, the son of former Charlton, Newcastle, West Ham and England midfielder Rob Lee, scored a 70-yard strike against Cambridge United in November - an effort winning the EFL's goal of the season award.

He began his career at West Ham United but was loaned to Dagenham and Redbridge and Gillingham before penning a permanent deal with Barnet in 2012.

A move to Birmingham City followed a year later, and after a short spell at Plymouth Argyle he then signed for Luton in 2015, where he made 123 appearances for the Hatters over three seasons.

Lee hailed the influence of former Scotland boss Levein in persuading him to sign for Hearts, and hopes to help the Tynecastle side improve upon their sixth-placed Premiership finish.

"Craig Levein has been massive, he's been very enthusiastic about next season and I can't wait to get started," the midfielder added.

"He's the key reason for selling the club to me. We're just looking to kick on.

"Obviously they said sixth isn't the best finish for Hearts but we'll be going for top four and hopefully to win something.

"That's why I've came here; I'm used to winning games and I'm looking forward to doing that in the SPFL now."

The tears of English diddy club fans when their players opt to move to bigger clubs in a better league.  Piggy

Three year deal is concerning for a League Two player. From the clips it seems like he has good feet and a decent shot on him  so he looks like a better bet than Ikpeazu in terms of diddy league signings.

5 hours ago, NJ2 said:

20 years ago today I seen my old man cry for the first time.
IMG_0861.jpg

Hearts pretending to romanticise their perennial bottling of the late 20th Century, as if it comes anywhere close to matching our warrior poetry effort of 114 years :lol:

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

The tears of English diddy club fans when their players opt to move to bigger clubs in a better league.  Piggy

"My nan could play in that league m8"

Well give her number to your gaffer, because you've an Olly Lee sized hole in your midfield to fill.

greggy.png

52 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Hearts pretending to romanticise their perennial bottling of the late 20th Century, as if it comes anywhere close to matching our warrior poetry effort of 114 years :lol:

We beat a club with a history of dominating the Scottish game in 1998. Your opponents in 2016 still have not won a major honour. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Link to the Luton tears pls?

Mostly Twitter. Stuff about him taking a step down to a lower level for more money, Tynecastle being a soulless identikit stadium compared to their characterful shithole, local journos tweeting about it being a "strange" move.  The usual.

15 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Mostly Twitter. Stuff about him taking a step down to a lower level for more money, Tynecastle being a soulless identikit stadium compared to their characterful shithole, local journos tweeting about it being a "strange" move.  The usual.

I love it. They think playing against the likes of Ash Taylor and Zander Diamond is so much better than playing in front of 10k plus and competing for trophies. 

They'll literally never accept League One/Two down there is an utter backwater desperately clinging to the obscene wealth of the top two divisions. 

21 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Anyone help with why your stadium is called Tynecastle, seen some theories but never an actual answer?

I think it's to do with an old tollbooth nearby in Gorgie/Dalry. An old word for toll was Tyne and it was on the way to the castle therefore Tynecastle.

These Luton fans are a lot more clued up on the Scottish game than I thought.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think it's to do with an old tollbooth nearby in Gorgie/Dalry. An old word for toll was Tyne and it was on the way to the castle therefore Tynecastle.

This is the correct answer. If you're desperately bored, a quick Google search will show you a Kickback thread with a map from 1870 on it.

Named after Tynecastle tollbooth.  The name Tynecastle possibly derived by gaelic Tigh-na-caistel, or Tigh-an-chaisteil, meaning the castle near that place.

Edited by Mr. X