Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Your point about limited budgets is the issue - I'd rather the wage went on a safer bet, and I'm assuming MacLean won't have much in the way of pace these days?

Goes without saying that, if  signing MacLean turns out to be a smart move, I'll be delighted - I do like him as a player.

He's never had pace. By the sounds of interviews at our side the second year of the contract is virtually as a coach, with the first year as a player. Him being guaranteed a coaching role was a huge factor. 

11 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Just in case you don't know, 36 is a higher number than 35, which means he's a year older than he was this time last year.

Can I ask you this, please: based on last season's performance, and the fact that he's nearly 36, would you have offered MacLean a two year deal?

Until about 6 weeks ago, a lot of Saints fans were advocating for his release. 

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's never had pace. By the sounds of interviews at our side the second year of the contract is virtually as a coach, with the first year as a player. Him being guaranteed a coaching role was a huge factor. 

According to this, Levein doesn't care that MacLean lacks pace, or that his knees are fucked, and would settle for 20 games a season from him: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43838627

Edited by paranoid android

10 hours ago, Zing. said:

I see we’re at the stage where Paulo starts posting his fantasy Hearts line ups for next season :lol: 

It's the most wonderful time of the year

On 6/25/2017 at 20:21, Elixir said:

McGregor

Souttar Hughes Berra (c)

Whittaker NewCunt Cowie Smith-Brown

NewCunt Lafferty Isma

quitegood.png

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Hopefully there will be a minute's silence at the next home game after the tragic passing of club legend Avicii tonight.  

Eh, no. Why would there be a minutes silence in football over someone who had nothing to do with football or Scotland?

we simply dont have the budget to have him, Kane, McMillan and another first team quality striker.

Figures

Hearts aren’t plutocrats but we have a wage bill in the order of double that of Saint Johnstone’s so can spend the money on a 20 game a season squad player that you’d need a 40 game a season regular to justify.

And for a player entering their late 30s a reduced workload with more time to recover from knocks and niggles mighty make being a smaller fish in a bigger pond the right move.

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Hopefully there will be a minute's silence at the next home game after the tragic passing of club legend Avicii tonight.  

No water for Mark lol!!

Edited by Egg Shen

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Kyla Farty saying he'd love to finish his career at Hearts on his Sky interview there. 

Easy money. An over inflated wage packet with a club expectation of a middle table finish each season.

Easy money. An over inflated wage packet with a club expectation of a middle table finish each season.

Jesus, it still hurts doesn’t it?
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1251541/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-accuses-hearts-star-kyle-lafferty-of-breaking-his-word-over-his-move-to-tynecastle/
(Everything you have said is fairly accurate though tbh)

More notable was the ‘poll’ in there as to which Edinburgh club would finish higher [emoji1]