Heart of Midlothian 2014-

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I like MacLean as a player, but f**k signing him at that age - I'm not saying he's finished - I'd just rather that wage went on someone with a bit more in the tank.

Unless Levein is just trying to wind up Tommy Wright, in which case I'm all for it.

He doesn't have much left in the tank based on this season's form. He's picked up a bit recently, but I think that's mostly because Chris Kane has been doing a lot of running for him.

Sounds to me like Levein wants him as a mentor/coach figure in the changing room and he's certainly more than capable of that. He's been very professional over the years at saints and will be a good influence on the youngsters in the changing room. He may randomly shout abuse in the direction of his own fans, but it'll be aimed at his dad who he always likes to give dogs' abuse to.

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He doesn't have much left in the tank based on this season's form. He's picked up a bit recently, but I think that's mostly because Chris Kane has been doing a lot of running for him.

Sounds to me like Levein wants him as a mentor/coach figure in the changing room and he's certainly more than capable of that. He's been very professional over the years at saints and will be a good influence on the youngsters in the changing room. He may randomly shout abuse in the direction of his own fans, but it'll be aimed at his dad who he always likes to give dogs' abuse to.

He shouts a lot of abuse at me tbf. 

I'm not buying the argument we are signing him to bring on youngsters. We've already got plenty folk who can do that. Hughes, Cowie, Berra are all big influences and we have about 300 coaches.  It's just a shite signing if it happens.

56 minutes ago, sjc said:

At McDairmid or when he passes your house?

MacLean gestures at me at McDiarmid since I shouted abuse at him after one of his eight million quick throw ins that end attacks. 

Murray Davidson stares against my hair as he walks past my house. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

MacLean gestures at me at McDiarmid since I shouted abuse at him after one of his eight million quick throw ins that end attacks. 

Murray Davidson stares against my hair as he walks past my house. 

Image result for cantona fan attack gif

15 minutes ago, sjc said:

Image result for cantona fan attack gif

Not far off it. 

I'm sort of half looking forward to him leaving. We had an absolutely brutal goalless run where he was contributing absolutely nothing, yet he remained undroppable purely because of what he'd achieved before, which just made things worse as he's incapable of stretching defences. 

I'm trying to stay in the 'give Levein time' camp but he's fucking well triggering me with these signings. He used to be able to spot a player but perhaps he had contacts in the game who have moved on. Why would we need a 35 year old cast off from St Johnstone?