Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Attention all Hearts fans wanting Steve Clarke !!!  he has already gone on record saying he will not go to any other Scottish club while manager of Killie, so ZERO chance of him coming to you or anywhere else up here. As for the Clown on the Terrace saying he was in for the Hearts job at the time Cathro got it. REALLY :lol:

Whilst I don’t want to doubt Sir Steve I’m pretty sure that if Celtic come for him in the summer he will be off.

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

f**k off

Not surprised you're a Levein guy. The only folk defending his pre-historic hoofbaw are middle-aged men who watched his failure of a career through the '80s and early '90s.

Edited by Elixir

21 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Whilst I don’t want to doubt Sir Steve I’m pretty sure that if Celtic come for him in the summer he will be off.

Would be good to see Clarke stay at Killie, but I can see him heading back down south.

Easily good enough to manage one of the cheeks as well......is it known if he is Rangers or Celtic minded?

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Would be good to see Clarke stay at Killie, but I can see him heading back down south.

Easily good enough to manage one of the cheeks as well......is it known if he is Rangers or Celtic minded?

He played for St Mirren so I'm going to take a stab at Celtic.

3 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Very much celtic, apparently - doesn't make you a bad person.

Oh wait...

On 3/10/2018 at 21:06, Elixir said:

Not surprised you're a Levein guy. The only folk defending his pre-historic hoofbaw are middle-aged men who watched his failure of a career through the '80s and early '90s.

You really do excel at playing a complete tool.  :lol:

“We’ve not had a particularly good season but you don’t always get what you wish for”
I’ve chosen to stop reading at this point and I’m going to say...f**k. That. Guy.

40 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Craig Levein wants to sign up to ten players in the summer to put his own stamp on the Hearts squad https://t.co/aGCBInmyin

Just a few then

Wasn't Levein Director of Football last January when Hearts signed 10 players and ended up with the likes of Lennard Sowah, Tasos Avlontis et al?  It just seems weird to sign so many players when Hearts have so much young talent coming through into the first team. 

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Wasn't Levein Director of Football last January when Hearts signed 10 players and ended up with the likes of Lennard Sowah, Tasos Avlontis et al?  It just seems weird to sign so many players when Hearts have so much young talent coming through into the first team. 

Players that Cathro/Mcphee wanted. The Levein's role as DOF was to negotiate contracts.

We have a squad of  around 12 players (including Liam Smith and Connor Sammon who we'll chuck) when you take the loan signings coming and going, as well as the out of contract players into account. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign 15!

33 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Players that Cathro/Mcphee wanted. The Levein's role as DOF was to negotiate contracts.

We have a squad of  around 12 players (including Liam Smith and Connor Sammon who we'll chuck) when you take the loan signings coming and going, as well as the out of contract players into account. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign 15!

I guess that's part of the downside of changing managers frequently, you get a bunch of players not wanted by the new guy, heck we still have players signed by Ronny Deila that we don't want.

On that note, do we have a deal for you, one slightly used Turkish forward, goal scoring rate umm, has a nice personality

12 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I guess that's part of the downside of changing managers frequently, you get a bunch of players not wanted by the new guy, heck we still have players signed by Ronny Deila that we don't want.

On that note, do we have a deal for you, one slightly used Turkish forward, goal scoring rate umm, has a nice personality

It's obviously not went very well, but it seems to work okay for quite a few clubs in Europe. When I play football manager, I found that put a DOF in to negotiate transfer fees and wages at a far better price than I could be arsed haggling over. If done right it can be brilliant, if wrong, well we're the probably the example right now.

But what I will say is we have done so without getting ourselves into any debt at the end of the day and whilst building a new stand also. I find it quite rare to see a side continue to do well in sync with rebuilding a stand or stadium at the same time. Tottenham could be an exception.

Motherwell don't hate him, he bams people up. He's still probably a better option than Connor Sammon or Stockley. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by the jambo-rocker

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Motherwell don't hate him, he bams people up. He's still probably a better option than Connor Sammon or Stockley. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's a pretty low bar lol

But yes, I agree that Hearts are doing a lot of things right after many years of doing things so very, very wrong under that Romanov guy.  You guys have a lot of promising young talents, Harry Cochrane in particular has impressed me this season while you get extra brownie points for employing 3 Canadians lol

6 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Craig Levein wants to sign up to ten players in the summer to put his own stamp on the Hearts squad https://t.co/aGCBInmyin

Just a few then

When you look at our squad, it's definitely accurate to say that we need around ten decent new players in the summer - whether Levein is capable of getting that right is debatable -  a good way to start would be to avoid taking risks on pig-in-a-poke signings that may or may not click.

The noises Levein's been making lately are hints that he's been making a decent fist of it with dross that he was left by Neilson and Cathro - even those who still back him must realise that those self same players were signed on his watch as Director of Football.

Stating the obvious, I know, but...