Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Hearts have dealt with this really well.

Looking on Kickback is a bit depressing though. Lots of variations of "Why didn't he speak up at the time?" "He was only being booed because he's sh*te," and "Well I've never heard any racism so I don't believe it."

I find it bizarre how so many football fans (and this is true of every club, not a dig at Hearts fans) treat their team as an extension of themselves. Any criticism is down to media bias/sour grape/jealousy and the club must always be defended. They need to find a few other hobbies.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Looking on Kickback is a bit depressing though. I find it bizarre how so many football fans (and this is true of every club, not a dig at Hearts fans) treat their team as an extension of themselves. Any criticism is down to media bias/sour grape/jealousy and the club must always be defended.

They need to find a few other hobbies.

It's nearly as embarrassing as hibs.net in that department...... nearly.

Hearts have dealt with this really well. Looking on Kickback is a bit depressing though. Lots of variations of "Why didn't he speak up at the time?" "He was only being booed because he's sh*te," and "Well I've never heard any racism so I don't believe it."

I find it bizarre how so many football fans (and this is true of every club, not a dig at Hearts fans) treat their team as an extension of themselves. Any criticism is down to media bias/sour grape/jealousy and the club must always be defended. They need to find a few other hobbies.

If I or anybody else stop to think about it there’s no reason to think that other people who support the same football team will share my outlook, attitude and values.

Nobody thinks it odd that Jeremy Corbyn, Piers Morgan, Prince Harry and Osama Bin Laden have all chosen Arsenal and everyone would agree that at least one of them is a c**t.

The idea that your footballing allegiance should be a statement of ethnopolitical identity is something of a Glaswegian peculiarity and even then it’s a very broad and vague statement.

The closing ranks, circling wagons reaction comes when you forget that

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If I or anybody else stop to think about it there’s no reason to think that other people who support the same football team will share my outlook, attitude and values.

Nobody thinks it odd that Jeremy Corbyn, Piers Morgan, Prince Harry and Osama Bin Laden have all chosen Arsenal and everyone would agree that at least one of them is a c**t.

The idea that your footballing allegiance should be a statement of ethnopolitical identity is something of a Glaswegian peculiarity and even then it’s a very broad and vague statement.

The losing ranks, circling wagons reaction comes when you forget that

That Arsenal shout is class.

Clubs ask for loyalty, commitment and professionalism from players, they should be expecting the same from clubs.

Even if it turns out to never be needed Danny Amankwaa should still feel that the club would be there to back him if he ever had to deal with the same shit that Goncalves described.

23 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Looking on Kickback is a bit depressing though. Lots of variations of "Why didn't he speak up at the time?" "He was only being booed because he's sh*te," and "Well I've never heard any racism so I don't believe it."

I do wish that he had spoken about it when he was at the club, but only because then we might have been able to do something about it and given him the support he and his family deserved. Kickback is always depressing, I used to post there many years ago but have not been near it for a long time.

I do wish that he had spoken about it when he was at the club, but only because then we might have been able to do something about it and given him the support he and his family deserved. Kickback is always depressing, I used to post there many years ago but have not been near it for a long time.

Seems to be the case with just about every one club forum. Afc chat is a harrowing read.