Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Craig has taken some responsibility with the communication between him and the player.

I wouldn't say he's in any way tried to sweep it under the carpet as had been suggested earlier.

As a club we can all do more.

Some people saying why didn't you confront them is pish. These knuckle draggers tend to group together and usually are part of some mob.

Not as easy as that but the club should instigate some kind of system where fans can voice their concerns anonymously.

Maybe a bit blunt but I'm sure bigger brain's than myself could figure something out.

Hopefully for us and in general this becomes a moment when decisive action can be taken .

It's pretty sad to see Romeo have such a complete mare here.

Not one of hertz biggest fans but, you can't say anything other than this has been the correct response from them.

Unlike sending your manager and captain out to the press to call the victim of racial abuse a liar days before a hearing. For example.

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

Sadly racists are still all too common in society and by extension they are going to be found inside football stadiums. Perhaps the bigger the crowd they are in then the greater degree of anonimity (spelling?) they are given or feel they have.

If you're interested, check out Le' Bon's theories on deindividuation and anonymity in a crowd.
Zimbardo had similarly interesting theories.

There's quite a lot on it, tho obviously none are perfect (I picked these up years ago as I was so bored of my Engineering Thesis that I introduced a Section on 'Crowd Psychology' as a factor in the design, was by far the most interesting part (for me)).

6 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

If you're interested, check out Le' Bon's theories on deindividuation and anonymity in a crowd.
Zimbardo had similarly interesting theories.

There's quite a lot on it, tho obviously none are perfect (I picked these up years ago as I was so bored of my Engineering Thesis that I introduced a Section on 'Crowd Psychology' as a factor in the design, was by far the most interesting part (for me)).

You don't even have to be so highbrow about it all. The Jam wrote a song about it. 

Being serious about it. The sad thing is, racism, bigotry and general shitebaggery is rife at Ibrox every other weekend and while the media are plastering themselves all over a small bunch of idiots at Tynecastle, thousands of gorilla impersonators will yet again, be let completely off the hook.

25 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Being serious about it. The sad thing is, racism, bigotry and general shitebaggery is rife at Ibrox every other weekend and while the media are plastering themselves all over a small bunch of idiots at Tynecastle, thousands of gorilla impersonators will yet again, be let completely off the hook.

57 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

The media have done their job well here,  hyping up a racist element at Tynecastle when the real issue with bigotry and general redneck behaviour in Scottish football is with the OF. That's even taking into account the Robbos Loyal brigade of course.:lol:

To be trite about it - this is the definition of whataboutery, even if there is truth to it.

I'm sure Hearts supporters won't be want to be judged by the standards that we all judge OF supporters and it's to Hearts' credit that as a club they haven't tried to question the guys claims or deflect (it would have been easy for them to brief against the player while making the sort of weasel-worded pish statement that Celtic come out with every time their supporters disgrace themselves). Outside the OF, the knuckle-draggers and throwbacks that exist at every club are a containable problem with the right action as they are literally a small group of individuals - and so clubs and the normal supporters need to do their bit so that all the isms never become accepted.

Having milked the point scoring cow dry, I would like to say on a serious note that those are very strong and good words from Levein, not shirking from his responsibilities at all but also making clear that racists are not welcome at Tynecastle. Pleased to see.

Craig Levein should have blamed the wind imo.

Hopefully every racist that comes to Tynecastle dies a painful, quick death over the next 24 hours.  Whether that's home or away fans I couldn't really care.  The club have done well to react by taking Isma's comments as factual and dealing with them accordingly.

A good statement from Hearts and Levein.

Let’s be honest, there are plenty of people who go to football in this country for an excuse to vent, to be able to behave in ways that’d be frowned upon in normal society and for some of those racism can be part of it. I’m sure we all know the sort of excuses that are made “how come I can call Kris Boyd a far c**t but not call Goncalves a... etc etc”

Not sure how to deal with it, other than determinedly call out and punish the people doing it.