Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

No way he's said that, but if so make him captain right now.

warnock.png

Not quite, but reading between the lines...

Naismith said: “Hearts showed the most enthusiasm to get something done as quick as possible and I liked that. 

“I took a bit of time to think about all my options and it’s more about the whole package rather than moving for the sake of moving, and Hearts definitely ticked all the boxes.

“As  you get older you think more about the type of team you’re going to, what’s involved in terms of, are there some young players? Is the squad good? 

“It’s not just about getting football, I’m delighted to have the opportunity to come to Hearts.

“It’s a club that’s had it’s difficulties in the past but it’s definitely flourishing now under the leadership of Ann Budge and the gaffer as well. If I can help that move forward I would be delighted to do so.

“It feels very good to be here, I spent the morning between the training ground and the stadium and it’s incredible the changes that have been made, especially at the stadium. 

“It gives you that eagerness to get started so I’m looking forward to training.”

I'm getting fed up with the sheep on here having a go at you lot. If you get anymore problems from them  just tag me into the post and I'll take care of it. 

Thanks Kev. It’s nice to see Edinburgh can untie when it really matters.

11 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Think Naismith is a good bit of business in all fairness. The way some of the fans are re-acting on social media would make you think they  have just signed up Fat Ronaldo and are about to win the World Cup this year.

A very decent signing for them. Just not quite decent enough to warm the bench at ER.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd understand this move if you made it at the start of the season but this is bonkers money to achieve what? A top 6 slot that's likely yours anyways. Jeezo.

Amazing signing, great coup but what's the point?

The way I'm reading it is that they think it's worth making  an important and expensive signing in an attempt to turn a nothing season into something more.

The recent clean sheet record was good, but there hasn't been much in the final third - if Naismith can be the link between middle and front, we can maybe add a few goals to our game, and start turning draws into wins.

It might not achieve much more than you suggest, but I think it's an ambitious move that should be applauded.

Plus loads of people are pure ragin', so... :)

15 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Think Naismith is a good bit of business in all fairness. The way some of the fans are re-acting on social media would make you think they  have just signed up Fat Ronaldo and are about to win the World Cup this year.

The way some fans are reacting on social media would make you think that Hearts haven't just made the biggest signing in Scottish football history. Now I can understand their jealousy to an extent, but really their bitterness just shows them in a bad light, tbqh.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Big signing today yet the dons still have you rattled emoji16.png

11 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Bit on the short side for a Hearts team surely.

Where does he play across the back six ?

6 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Bit like Naismith will do to Hearts come the end of the season:thumsup2

orly.gif

Edited by JamieThomas