Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Cathro needs taken off TV and repackaged as a Jimmy Calderwood/Alex Smith type dinosaur who plays 4-4-2 every game and throws 3 strikers on to nick a goal with 10 to play.

What is the point in Levein being there? Like, literally, what does he do? I'm not against different models at football clubs, but if you've got an experienced manager like him, why is he not just managing (some may say he was..) the team? Or getting out the way so they can get a proper manager in? Cathro was a failure, but it's not a surprise, he was completely unqualified for the job, you can't really blame him for being out his depth. Levein is the one who is majorly at fault here, appointing someone to satisfy his own ego who has crashed and burned.
As far as I can tell Levein's main job is to oversee recruitment of both coaches and players. Well both have been a total disaster, and as that is his remit he should be taking the blame. If Cathro had turned out to be the next Mourinho then Levein would have been hailed a genius, so it's only right that he gets stick for this. What self-respecting manager will accept working with Levein? They are either going to have to continue to gamble on hit or miss young managers (which a club like Hearts should not be doing), or he'll have to get out the way.

I would not disagree with that. If he is hovering around in the shadows then we ain't going to get a Manager. It will be a coach. Or maybe ex players would be happy. I do not know.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They were really jolly good in the early '90s but they're a bit of a joke now.

See also Rangers, goth chicks in stripy leggings, Cider and Blackcurrant, Jet from Gladiators, Nicolas Cage, your mum, and hypercolour t shirts

Except unlike Rangers, their music lives on. 4U0m6pP.png

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I'd say that comment is the polar opposite of snobbery. warnock.png

Edited by Elixir

If Ian Cathro had shown the slightest hint of a personality and didnt talk in cliches and riddles he'd still be there imo.

The results were terrible but if he'd went in and been a more likeable guy it would've bought him more time. As someone who doesn't give a shite about Hearts his post match interviews had me seething.

I had to laugh last season when Ann Budge insisted that she and her BOD saw this appt as a long term strategy and irrespective of results they would be sticking with Ian Cathro long term. This was said on the back of an under- whelming start to his Tynie career.

You talk about a naive comment - everybody knows that if results are poor the boo boys will eventually surface and there is no way that a BOD will withstand the sort of vitriol that was in evidence on Sat.

As soon as that level of displeasure is evident it is truly curtains.

The problem is Levein.

He seems to be a really unpopular chap in footballing circles.

Wouldn't even hazard a guess at who the next mug through the door will be, but I hope one of the first things they do is sit that shitehouse Walker down with his agent, slide a contract extension across the table and tell him if he doesn't sign it and TAFKAR can only do £1m at £50 a month, he'll be spending the last year of his contract as a spectator.

If Ian Cathro had shown the slightest hint of a personality and didnt talk in cliches and riddles he'd still be there imo.

The results were terrible but if he'd went in and been a more likeable guy it would've bought him more time. As someone who doesn't give a shite about Hearts his post match interviews had me seething.

His interview after the draw vs Raith was painful to watch. I think Cathro would've been much better off starting his coaching career out with Scotland tbh. I think it would've taken a genuine tilt at the title for the Scottish media etc to admit that someone like Cathro was a success.