Heart of Midlothian 2014-

3 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Was a pretty decent noise when Graeme Weir equalised and we won 4-4.
But agree, a good ol' hearty boo beats anything. Killie pumping us 4-0 (I think?) one Christmas under Locke was a particularly memorable boo.

Half the ground was empty at that point.  Fucking sickener that match.  Worst ever in fact. 

8 hours ago, Henke said:

il clown yer baws ya daft c**t,aye have ''more money'' to finance yer club is nonsence what a load of fucking shite you spout,whether you like it or not bar maybe the hibees when celtic come to town that's when tynecastle is at its loudest

My point was thankfully already picked up on above, but it will only be more money if we can't sell half the stand ourselves. If we're having a good season, we will.

7 hours ago, HaikuHibee said:

That is Hertz for you. They're going through a tough time, quite a bitter lot.

A Hibs fan calling the Hertz bitter. warnock.png

One of the best atmospheres at Tynecastle was when John Wilson (not guilty) went for Neil Lennon. The pure poison that night was unlike anything before or since in my lifetime. neville.png

Shame we never won as it would have handed Rangers the title before the final day. Given how bad it was anyway, I can only imagine what it would have been like had that transpired. :lol:

Still, we were already on our holidays having secured third and qualified for Europe.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

One of the best atmospheres at Tynecastle was when John Wilson (not guilty) went for Neil Lennon. The pure poison that night was unlike anything before or since in my lifetime. neville.png

Shame we never won as it would have handed Rangers the title before the final day. Given how bad it was anyway, I can only imagine what it would have been like had that transpired. :lol:

Still, we were already on our holidays having secured third and qualified for Europe.

Most toxic atmosphere I was at would have been the first home Derby after Sir Wallace tried to take over Hibs.  Some amount of battling before and after the game too.

Best atmosphere would possibly be the Bayern game, or bizarrely enough a game against Aberdeen when we were struggling against relegation.  Can't remember the season but the demolition work for the Wheatfield had begun and for once everyone was right behind the club.

28 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Most toxic atmosphere I was at would have been the first home Derby after Sir Wallace tried to take over Hibs.  Some amount of battling before and after the game too.

Best atmosphere would possibly be the Bayern game, or bizarrely enough a game against Aberdeen when we were struggling against relegation.  Can't remember the season but the demolition work for the Wheatfield had begun and for once everyone was right behind the club.

I was going to say you would probably have to go back to the derby we pumped them 3-0 at Easter Road in 1990 after the merger (titter.png) attempt for such a poisonous occassion. I wasn't even born but going by the video footage, reports and chat about it over the years it obviously stands out. What was the home game you're referring to?

Best atmosphere for me has to be when Hartley's pen sealed Champions League qualification against Aberdeen. Other notable games are Bednar's header against Rangers for eight in a row under Burley and then his double against Celtic early the next season when Lennon slipped on his hole. Two times when there was a tangible sense that we could actually win the league.

The 3-2 game we lost to Celtic on New Year's Day 2006, as sickening as it was, was electric, as was the derby we won 3-2 on Boxing Day in 2006 the following season. Both games had everything.

The match we beat Celtic 2-0 in midweek when Black and Templeton scored just a few days after our 2-0 win at Easter Road with Templeton's mazy. Those results started our immense run under Jefferies which included so many good bounces: Kyle in the New Year Derby then Stevenson against Rangers in the biggest robbery ever seen at Tynie a few weeks later. That season really was excellent with some terrific games. Shame it fizzled out in the end. Thought we were going to win the cup that year during that run only for us to fall at the first hurdle. Won it twelve months later, at least. 8)

It would have been the first time we played them at home after the proposed deal -   I can remember the amount of police horses, vans etc and the constant fights that broke out on way back to Haymarket.  You're right though as first time we played them after was away.

I was still young but it was pretty dodgy.

Another cracking home atmosphere would have been when we beat Celtic 2-1 at Tynecastle to stop them winning the league on our patch, Mark McGhee was playing for them that day.  And te best neutral atmosphere was when we came from 1-0 to beat Aberdeen 2-1 in a cup semi with two late goals,shame about the final mind you.

Just now, LincolnHearts said:

Wouldn't give St.Mirren the steam off my pish.

Vile club who make Hibs look classy.

My only bright memory of St Mirren was when we went to Love Street at pumped them 6-0.  Oh and maybe when Baird nearly decapitated Campbell Money

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Souttar starting today - seems awfy early to me.

Old man Hughes injured already. Great.

Was Hughes injured? I just assumed we were resting him so he didn't play 4 games in 10 days.

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Was Hughes injured? I just assumed we were resting him so he didn't play 4 games in 10 days.

Aye, I thought he was just given a rest as he's literally 78 years old.

Another couple from KLaff today - would take a brave man to bet against him scoring at least 50 this season. 8)

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Aye, I thought he was just given a rest as he's literally 78 years old.

Another couple from KLaff today - would take a brave man to bet against him scoring at least 50 this season. 8)

Hoping he scores against Hibs at Tynecastle then celebrates by running to their bench and showing John Wilson how it should be done.

3 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Hoping he scores against Hibs at Tynecastle then celebrates by running to their bench and showing John Wilson how it should be done.

Not sure where he'd hide the breeze block and cricket bat, mind. 8)