Heart of Midlothian 2014-

On 1/30/2017 at 19:59, Elixir said:

Now, I've been a pessimistic c**t of late (albeit hamming it up quite a bit), but this team should be strong and provide a solid foundation for the summer and next season:

Hamilton

Struna Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Tziolis Martin

Walker Djoum Gonçalves

Johnsen

Could still improve on a couple of positions, but that can be done in the summer. WIth Berra likely signing and Paterson due back around October/November having hopefully signed a bumper shree-year deal.

:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Bambino7

47 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
48 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Berra should be a good signing for Hearts.  3 year deal though is a bit of a gamble. 

47 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

sowah found out then? that was quicker than i expected.

47 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Surely taken a fair pay cut?

A 38-year-old Clint Hill has been one of the better centre halves in the Premiership this season so I don't think a three-year contract is that big a gamble. Berra is returning for family reasons so I'm sure he's taking a big hit financially. Strikes me as the type of guy who has been sensible with his cash.

Sowah has been found out within six months. Glad he's gone.

Berra is a solid signing for Hearts, a central defensive partner of Berra and a healthy John Souttar should be solid.  It's also a pretty damning admission by Cathro and Levein that their January signings were mostly shite.

1 hour ago, Bambino7 said:

Berra should be a good signing for Hearts.  3 year deal though is a bit of a gamble. 

Gamble in what sense? He's fit as a fiddle, never had any serious injuries and will only be 35 at the end of the deal, hardly over the hill.

Is it any less of a gamble than handing McGregor a two year deal? He has had two massive injuries and is only 6 months younger. 

20 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I've previously moaned at a 2.5 year contract for Cowie, 3 years for Sammon, and 3.5 years for Malory Martin, but shree years for Berra is perfect, imo.

2.5 isn't enough for The Don imo.

Yeah, a shree-year deal is worthwhile for someone like Berra, but not fucking dug meat like Malaury MartAn.

Even if he was to only have two good years left in him, he'd still be decent to have as backup.