Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I'm all for coaches being given time to try and get it right -  I think Levein will want to give Cathro time, I think Budge will ask questions, but will stick with Levein for as long as possible.

I reckon it's the fans that will make it hard, and I can understand why.

Tonight shows up Levein in a bad light. Loved him as a player but If he's sorting out the contracts -

Martin's on a 3 year deal , Cowie, Sammon, Buaben. Nowhere to be seen.

Hamilton is still young but this season there is no evidence to suggest he'll get better, only worse. I couldn't tell you who Noring even is btw, what does that say about him if he can't get a game ?

Eta: Been told that supposedly not one player signed in the last 2 summer transfer windows played tonight. Then getting in 6 month contracts? No wonder they play like strangers

34 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Tonight shows up Levein in a bad light. Loved him as a player but If he's sorting out the contracts -

Martin's on a 3 year deal , Cowie, Sammon, Buaben. Nowhere to be seen.

Hamilton is still young but this season there is no evidence to suggest he'll get better, only worse. I couldn't tell you who Noring even is btw, what does that say about him if he can't get a game ?

Eta: Been told that supposedly not one player signed in the last 2 summer transfer windows played tonight. Then getting in 6 month contracts? No wonder they play like strangers

Some of the signings and the deals offered to certain players are hard to get your head around - three-year deal for Rherras as well - not in the squad on Saturday, and on the bench tonight -  the least said about Oshaniwa the better. :lol:

If Cathro is the guy that Levein wanted all along, (which is supposedly the case) and it doesn't work out, then Levein has shot his bolt, and should leave when Cathro leaves - Budge can then appoint someone else to look after the football side of things.

Given what's been going on in the past few transfer windows, I think I'd maybe rather stick with Cathro than Levein.

Edited by paranoid android

My 15 month old child wets her pants less often than some football supporters.

Last night was bad but not even close to getting humped 5-1 in the final.

Cathro will have at least to the end of the season to prove his ability.

19 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

Aww go away with the cup final chat man, it has absolutely no relevance to last night.  It's not pant wetting to be annoyed at last night, when the chips were down near enough our whole team were found to be lacking fight.  Our season is effectively over and that's probably the worst performance I'v ever seen us turn in at ER.

34 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

I think he needs  a couple of seasons to get things right because he has never managed a football team before. He has to learn, he is doing it at a top club, in the public eye but he needs time.

Hearts fans were all up for the experiment when we brought him in and need to stick by him.

10 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I think he needs  a couple of seasons to get things right because he has never managed a football team before. He has to learn, he is doing it at a top club, in the public eye but he needs time.

Hearts fans were all up for the experiment when we brought him in and need to stick by him.

As a neutral (sort of) observer I agree with this.

Hearts were (rightly I think) praised for going with a fresh approach in Cathro and I liked it too.  But it is an experiment, he is young and inexperienced and still trying to put his stamp on the team.  Bad results/shit performances are inevitable in that time.

Judging him on one derby defeat is OF levels of narrow mindedness, until the guy gets a summer window and a proper pre-season let him get on with it IMO.

53 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

Absolutely love that hearts fans still use this. 7 derbies, 3 years. Boabied out the cup two years in a row whilst we were still in the championship one of which we went on to win and this year you never know, we have momentum. It must be fucking shite being a hearts fan. We own you.

49 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

^^^^ This.

Short memories: wasn't that long we humped Rangers & Cathro was being hailed as the new Sergio. The cold hard fact is we've never been the same since Callum Paterson was lost to long term injury, who not only was commanding at the back but a vital component midfield & upfront. Every match he seemed to be just about everywhere at once & his loss has proven a far bigger body blow than was appreciated at the time. That & Flap Jack being a nightmare between the sticks is where much of the problem lies.

Aww go away with the cup final chat man, it has absolutely no relevance to last night.  It's not pant wetting to be annoyed at last night, when the chips were down near enough our whole team were found to be lacking fight.  Our season is effectively over and that's probably the worst performance I'v ever seen us turn in at ER.
it was even worse than that LC game c.2007 iirc

Absolutely love that hearts fans still use this. 7 derbies, 3 years. Boabied out the cup two years in a row whilst we were still in the championship one of which we went on to win and this year you never know, we have momentum. It must be fucking shite being a hearts fan. We own you.

My favourite on field Hearts moment in the last 2 or 3 years was the Ozturk equalizer from 45 yards. Can't beat a derby. I look forward to a Hibs return. I genuinely hope Hibs manage to get promoted this season.

More full houses.

PS l actually enjoyed the 4-0 semi-final in '06 more than the 5-1 final. For what that is worth.

8 hours ago, Neiljb said:

7 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

As a neutral (sort of) observer I agree with this.

Hearts were (rightly I think) praised for going with a fresh approach in Cathro and I liked it too.  But it is an experiment, he is young and inexperienced and still trying to put his stamp on the team.  Bad results/shit performances are inevitable in that time.

Judging him on one derby defeat is OF levels of narrow mindedness, until the guy gets a summer window and a proper pre-season let him get on with it IMO.

Absolutely agree with these three posts. While Hearts performance last night was of the pathetic variety, there has been a huge overreaction to this defeat, as there was to last season's one. For what it is worth, we also got papped out by Hibs at Easter Road last season. While there was a lot of unhappiness, there were very few calls for the manager's head. A lot of criticism but no fundamental change of heart on him. Closest he has been to real questioning was during the 5 game losing run last season.

Ian Cathro needs a full summer before being judged. Needs to get players in for the longer term and implement his style. He's currently trying to implement it on a group of players, a lot of whom have only 6 month contracts. The surgery that went on when Neilson left seemed quite excessive from my point of view, while the football wasn't great, it did not seem the time to be making wholesale changes to the squad, and so far that is looking a poor judgement call.

Hearts fans have been spoiled over the last 20 years in comparison to some of the total dross us and Hibernian have been through. Now that the club is spending within its means again, they're back at the same level as us two. Some fans seem unable to re-adjust to this (far more prevalent on Kickback, when I look, than here to be fair). Sore defeats will happen, poor performances will happen. You won't lord it over the rest every season. But not every sore one needs to be met with the sort of naval gazing that has been going on.

Patience and time is required. Continual knee jerking will get you nowhere.

Absolutely agree with these three posts. While Hearts performance last night was of the pathetic variety, there has been a huge overreaction to this defeat, as there was to last season's one. For what it is worth, we also got papped out by Hibs at Easter Road last season. While there was a lot of unhappiness, there were very few calls for the manager's head. A lot of criticism but no fundamental change of heart on him. Closest he has been to real questioning was during the 5 game losing run last season.

Ian Cathro needs a full summer before being judged. Needs to get players in for the longer term and implement his style. He's currently trying to implement it on a group of players, a lot of whom have only 6 month contracts. The surgery that went on when Neilson left seemed quite excessive from my point of view, while the football wasn't great, it did not seem the time to be making wholesale changes to the squad, and so far that is looking a poor judgement call.

Hearts fans have been spoiled over the last 20 years in comparison to some of the total dross us and Hibernian have been through. Now that the club is spending within its means again, they're back at the same level as us two. Some fans seem unable to re-adjust to this (far more prevalent on Kickback, when I look, than here to be fair). Sore defeats will happen, poor performances will happen. You won't lord it over the rest every season. But not every sore one needs to be met with the sort of naval gazing that has been going on. Patience and time is required. Continual knee jerking will get you nowhere.

[emoji1] sorry but I'm assuming you're a Dons fan by the name so you've only got a made up derby with Rangers to compare it with. As TW says we've every right to be annoyed about last night , and I think blaming Cathro would (I agree, unfairly) be at the bottom of a very long list. I don't remember reading many opinions on here asking for Cathro's head, and am I f**k going through the match thread again to double check [emoji1]

I think the majority of folk will still be behind him, it's a big disappointment for the reasons HB75 listed but the main one for me was that the winner of the tie has a great chance to get to hampden.

Also Kickback is full of hat kicking roasters so please don't take their opinion as gospel !

Eta : also it's a cliche but the amount of money going into the club from supporters (you could say self inflicted) over the last few years - there's not much bang for the buck atm.

Eta : also it's a cliche but the amount of money going into the club from supporters (you could say self inflicted) over the last few years - there's not much bang for the buck atm.

Unless you count the news that we are staying at Tynecastle and building a new stand?

A top six finish is fine and maybe a Euro spot.

Once the stand is finished and largely paid for then the team will see more investment.

10 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

You've every right to be delighted with last nights victory....but.....whilst you're playing in the second tier of Scottish football this result just looks like a cup shock. :angel

Edited by The_Judge