Stirlingshire Cup 2014-15

Presumably they'll still play this season's final?

I remember a few years ago, one (or both) of the clubs announced it was going to be the last-ever Final - Falkirk v Dumbarton, IIRC - and over 1,000 turned-up.

Hopefully it can continue in some form, mini-tournament or on international dates or whatever.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose you could do it like the Oban Tournament and have mini-length games... Otherwise get rid of Dumbarton and Alloa and have SFs then Final & 3rd/4th?

Mind you I predicted a while ago that the expanding U20s Development League programs, plus the new League Cup sections, could finish off some of these cups. Which is a shame in historical terms. Stirlingshire Cup was traditionally well-run and reasonably well attended but Fife and Forfarshire had already got into pretty terrible states, with an odd flourish one season when they seemed to have put their minds to it more. You've also got a situation where St Mirren have got relegated and that's immediately put the brakes on the Renfrewshire Cup... Those are the last 4 working on the older model.

That was a bit harsh HJ. I thought Clackmananshire teams had always played in the Stirlingshire Cup

On the weekend tourney, I remember the 6 aside competition at coasters. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived