Dundee United 2014/15 Season

I'm not sure about the "bullet dodged", I reckon he could have done a job for us next season; I certainly think we have the players that could provide the sort of service he thrives on.

I have no doubt that Skinhead McNamara has a suitable alternative or two lined up.

On balance (wage, reputation, squad balance, fan backing), I disagree. We generally have no huge issue scoring goals, it's defending.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have been delighted had we signed Boyd as despite the amount of goals we scored last season we were ridiculously wasteful at times and Boyd probably could have been a perfect solution for that. Then again, celebrating when Boyd scored goals for us would have disrupted the natural order of things. Kris Boyd scores loads of goals against us and we boo the f**k out of him, it was clearly always meant to be so. Therefore I'm particularly hoping now we don't get drawn against Sevco in the cup three seasons running.

As for McNamara giving an interview that makes him sound like a bad loser then there's nothing new there. He's a moany wee git when we get beat but last season was at times probably the most enjoyable one I've had as a season ticket holder for the last 10ish years. So if the trade-off for him giving us a really exciting young team to watch is that other teams fans don't like him because he's a whinging tosspot when we lose then I can live with that.

Just stinks of bad loser syndrome and made me chuckle. Bet me Thompson delighted you not in Europe and missing out on a couple of full houses at home that bring in approx 200k and possibly even more. Why so negative Jackie ? Glad you not in Europe as again it will highlight your poor management skills ? Think that more the reason for his ludicrous statement.

jmc2_zps9b054428.jpg

May have been mentioned already but got a text from a mate saying Gauld going to Sporting Lisbon for £2.2 million

Surely this is a wind up? Not a chance he would be subject to a bid like that given the last six months. The interest in him has cooled significantly since his dip in form. Maybe that Ian Cathro has pimped Gauld about Portugal and told everyone how amazing he is?

Enigma, on 30 Jun 2014 - 18:28, said:

That would be a fantastic move for Gauld, obvs. shite for you guys.

It'd be utterly amazing for United if they managed to fetch that much for Gauld right now.

Archived