Greenock Juniors

youngportman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see in todays greenock telegraph that it reports that manager Stephen Mooney has resigned. Rumour I heard last night was that all the management team stood down? Any truth in that? Were do Greenock go from here?

There's a good chance that they will still be a Super League team next season, a good job for somebody.

According to the Greenock papers website mooney told the players before the game he was resigning and it is confirmed he has left after 8 years at the helm of Greenock, he is quoted as saying it's someone else's time to take them to the next level.

I see in todays greenock telegraph that it reports that manager Stephen Mooney has resigned. Rumour I heard last night was that all the management team stood down? Any truth in that? Were do Greenock go from here?

hopefully down to the district league

Mooney done a great job at greenock, took them from div 2 to super first winning the first div title along the way. All the best to him for the future and im sure there will be lots of interest in the job, as hard as it is to say they are a good club moving in the right direction (if they avoid relegation) can already think of a few people who i reckon would be interested in taking the post but we'll see who the new man will be !

Why would you want them down to the district league?

well I'd prefer the buffs to stay up and if I was to go to an away ground in that league that would be one of the least enjoyable,plus they were a bit of a gang when they played us

well I'd prefer the buffs to stay up and if I was to go to an away ground in that league that would be one of the least enjoyable,plus they were a bit of a gang when they played us

Well the buffs are down because they cheated.

Ravenscraig has got to be one of the best grounds to visit, the stand view is like no other junior ground. It's alike senior grounds. I only hope they can get promoted to the top tier to face my side again one day, so I can get a trip back down there.

For the gang part, I'm not so sure about that. Who do you support?

Ravenscraig has got to be one of the best grounds to visit.....

Each to their own. Personally speaking, it's a ground that I dislike visiting as you see very little action, the ball spends about an hour of the ninety minutes out of play, and you're miles away from the pitch, no atmosphere at all.

Each to their own. Personally speaking, it's a ground that I dislike visiting as you see very little action, the ball spends about an hour of the ninety minutes out of play, and you're miles away from the pitch, no atmosphere at all.

Agree with all that

Can't stand the place.

i hate it played at Greenock for 2years

Ravenscraig has got to be one of the best grounds to visit, the stand view is like no other junior ground. It's alike senior grounds. I only hope they can get promoted to the top tier to face my side again one day, so I can get a trip back down there.

For the gang part, I'm not so sure about that. Who do you support?

If you like to watch a game through binoculars , watch a game that has no momentum through the huge running track and the home team time wasting and in an area that's pretty much a shite hole then yes ravenscraig is a very good ground to visit.

If you like to watch a game through binoculars , watch a game that has no momentum through the huge running track and the home team time wasting and in an area that's pretty much a shite hole then yes ravenscraig is a very good ground to visit.

From a man from Beith....

Archived