The League

Smurph

A TV show about a group of friends who play fantasy football with each other. A fairly simple concept but it's really funny and you don't need to be interested in the NFL to understand it. I've just finished season 2 and about to start the 3rd one. Any other fans?

I'm on the most recent series that's on the UK Netflix, for some reason that's a season ahead of the US version. It's pretty good, maybe not as good as things like Always Sunny but still pretty enjoyable.

​Rafi is easily the best character despite only appearing in a few episodes per series, although I think if he was used any more he'd become pretty tiresome.

It took a few episodes to get into, but I've started to really enjoy it more. It'd give it to the end of season one at least. You're never going to like André so don't even try.

Rafi is definitely the best character but I agree that it's good he's not overused. It's not as funny as It's Always Sunny or anything but it's a good laugh, and the concept is what I like about it most. Really need to up my game for the draft next season.

I really like it, some proper laugh out loud moments and easy to fire through 5 or 6 episodes at a time.

As for its always sunny in Philidelphia, I always thought it was pretty poor tbh. Seen the first 6/7 and never laughed at all.

​I really want to try fantasy football every time I binge watch it but I always seem to watch it during the close season.

Well...theres the leagues on here dontcha know ;) PlacidCasual and I will be running it this year, still plenty of spaces :P

Sorry - back on topic, I actually gave this a shot yesterday but didnt really like the tone of it, didnt find it all that funny sadly. Maybe just not my sort of humour but I really wish I could like it :(

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly finished season 2 of this (I only started watching it yesterday). It's great. Ruxin is a great character, his burd is tremendous too. Andre is a complete knob, it's hilarious. Kevin's mrs is a top milf.

Edited by Reid

• 2 weeks later...

Big fan.

To me it captures how most friends groups are worked. The "You've got the UN, and you've got the Security Council" scene nails it.

Top character for me is Ruxin. Not just for Sofia, but the fact his humour is so bang working class despite being the corporate lawyer, is braw.

Gonna pop an Anticiperrection over it returning.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Off work the last few days, so thought I'd give this a shot. Really enjoying it and batter through the first three seasons already. Ruxin and Taco are the best.

Jeff Goldblum's cameo is clearly one of the finest moment in television history. Just the best guy!

Edited by J_Stewart

Guest bernardblack

I've just finished this after dipping in and out over the last few years.

It's one of my favourites and Rafi is my favourite television character ever