The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 minutes ago, d31 said:

apparently a replacement for Jack to do the boring stuff ie taking the first pass from keeper/defence, letting others play etc

Sounds like you won't be needing McGeouch, then.

9 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I think almost every Scottish club will be interested in McGeouch and Mulumbu regardless of the players they currently have. 

50 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

We lost quite a few midfielders so wouldn't say that for definite. Could play him alongside Gleeson and move Shinnie back to left back?

But I think it's more likely that we're out of the running for him.

2 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Gleeson deal confirmed.

Potential of another announcement by end of the week.

Claiming some genuine ITK chat? Spill the beans then?

We still need 4 or 5 signings so an educated guess with the players starting back on Friday morning suggests it's hardly earth shattering news to say we'll sign more by Friday night.

Claiming some genuine ITK chat? Spill the beans then?

We still need 4 or 5 signings so an educated guess with the players starting back on Friday morning suggests it's hardly earth shattering news to say we'll sign more by Friday night.

Source has no clue (or won’t tell me) who it is. But other clubs interested and will be end of this week if they pull it off. Other targets in same position.

Doesn’t think it’s Miller though.

Same guy who told me DM staying hours before announced and the GMS signing.

Tony Watt rumour still going around....[emoji15]

17 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Source has no clue (or won’t tell me) who it is. But other clubs interested and will be end of this week if they pull it off. Other targets in same position.

Tony Watt rumour still going around....emoji15.png

There is certainly rumours....

McGeouch ....heard we are still in the mix and pushing hard.

Miller .... heard we'd been told he expects to get Livingston job

Watt ... I don't think is happening but you would guess we'll know that for sure on Friday if he is not joining us for training

No idea on defenders but absolutely positive we'll be looking for one or two asap

Difficult decision at centre half. Do we put faith in devlin and McKenna to be our centre half pairing and sign maybe a backup or do we push the boat out to sign someone to walk into the first team. I haven’t seen enough of devlin (nor do I know how injury prone he actually is) to make an informed opinion.

Difficult decision at centre half. Do we put faith in devlin and McKenna to be our centre half pairing and sign maybe a backup or do we push the boat out to sign someone to walk into the first team. I haven’t seen enough of devlin (nor do I know how injury prone he actually is) to make an informed opinion.

Get 2-3M offer in for McKenna. Sell him. I might be in the minority but I don’t think his stock will get any higher and I still think he is replaceable for what is needed in this league.

Building a squad and not just a strong XI (as shown in the SF with him in the team) is a priority imho.

9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Heard some murmurings of some fairly big announcement(s) coming out of the club over the next week or two 

Not sure if it’s signing related or not but there’s stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment 

You're a fraud, a total fraud. 

It's nice meeting you. 

32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Heard some murmurings of some fairly big announcement(s) coming out of the club over the next week or two 

Not sure if it’s signing related or not but there’s stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment 

We already know we need an announcement of who is going to stump up the dough for the training ground and expect this to be clarified this summer. Think somewhere along the line this knowledge has been ellaborated into ITK stuff and repackaged.

Edited by d31

42 minutes ago, d31 said:

We already know we need an announcement of who is going to stump up the dough for the training ground and expect this to be clarified this summer. Think somewhere along the line this knowledge has been ellaborated into ITK stuff and repackaged.

Yeah that could be it 

I’m hoping this is packaged as a wider investment in the club

Probably Cormack related 

7 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Tony Watt rumour still going around....emoji15.png

a fit tony watt is a good player for any scottish team . i don't see why aberdeen cant have him

Tony Watt is also a risk for just about any Scottish team though, especially considering the relatively limited budgets most sides operate on. Has he managed to stay long enough at any club to be labeled “good” at them.

Undoubtedly has some potential but it could be argued he hasn’t really delivered for any side he has played with. 

27 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Tony Watt is also a risk for just about any Scottish team though, especially considering the relatively limited budgets most sides operate on. Has he managed to stay long enough at any club to be labeled “good” at them.

Undoubtedly has some potential but it could be argued he hasn’t really delivered for any side he has played with. 

i don't know about potential.... he has some assets that he wont improve on.

Fast, can dribble, can finish with both feet, good in the air (especially when wiping out defenders)