The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If the tribunal returns us anything over £350k I'll be happy.

Aberdeen first offered us approximately £100k :lol: cheeky b*****ds.

No wonder it's going to a tribunal.

Edited by Im_Rodger

Accies have developed 8/9 years into making him the player he is.
£100k per year of development sounds fair to me. 

Is this not quite scientific though? I.e we are due Hamilton a certain amount of cash for this one. Didn’t think there was much room for negotiation.

Admittedly I don’t know the technicality’s on this.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is this not quite scientific though? I.e we are due Hamilton a certain amount of cash for this one. Didn’t think there was much room for negotiation.

It's not a set in stone figure. However generally clubs agree development fees before signing players.

Comparable value of similar players, years of development at  the club, how much medical resources the player has used and miscellaneous other things as well.

Dundee United and Rangers couldn't agree on Telfers dev fee because both clubs had different viewpoints on how much the club had invested into the player. Dundee United originally offered £100k to Rangers, Rangers refused and it went to a tribunal. The tribunal returned Rangers more than double what Dundee United put on the table. Dundee United's first offer was £0 as they did not recognise Rangers as the same club but that viewpoint was shortly after tossed out.

Edited by Im_Rodger

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you can be arsed then the actual rules are here. Pages 46-49.

How it's applied though? F**k knows. If it goes to tribunal you're looking at the Charlie Telfer situation as precedent where United ended up having to pay Rangers £204k. As the STV article says, that was more than double their original offer.

For a bit of context it was a point raised with us last summer when Hearts low-balled us with £100k for Cadden. IIRC Robinson said that we had worked out the development fee we'd be due and the figure we'd be due were he out of contract at the time would have been around £650k. 

I'm pretty sure there was a similar issue with Sibbald at Falkirk last season where no one was willing to pony up the cash that they'd have been due so he was in a kind of limbo and just ended up signing for another year.

Edited by capt_oats

It's not a set in stone figure. However generally clubs agree development fees before signing players.
Comparable value of similar players, years of development at  the club, how much medical resources the player has used and miscellaneous other things as well.

Dundee United and Rangers couldn't agree on Telfers dev fee because both clubs had different viewpoints on how much the club had invested into the player. Dundee United originally offered £100k to Rangers, Rangers refused and it went to a tribunal. The tribunal returned Rangers more than double what Dundee United put on the table. Dundee United's first offer was £0 as they did not recognise Rangers as the same club but that viewpoint was tossed out.

As I said my knowledge of the actual rules are pretty terrible.

I would hope that when we went after him we’d be aware if there was a chance we’d have to pay 900k compensation. If that was a set In stone number based on the level of first team football he’s had in the last couple of seasons then we’ve made a monumental c**t of this signing. Unless he’s absolutely brilliant.

18 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

You have to remember we're dealing with a club who voluntarily departed with £1m to scammers.

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

As I said my knowledge of the actual rules are pretty terrible.

I would hope that when we went after him we’d be aware if there was a chance we’d have to pay 900k compensation. If that was a set In stone number based on the level of first team football he’s had in the last couple of seasons then we’ve made a monumental c**t of this signing. Unless he’s absolutely brilliant.

It's not like for like because Leeds and Brighton are obviously different categories of clubs to Aberdeen but they ended up paying us £500k and £210k respectively for Lee Erwin and Ben Hall.

Again for context, Erwin was 21 and had played 38 games. Hall was 19, had only played something like 18 first team games and had been in our team for less than 6 months. Hall had only been at the club 3 years though, Erwin had come through the Academy and had 9 years at Fir Park. 

Edited by capt_oats

i'd assume AFC think its gonna be £150k or so.

Somebody has fucked up if it ends up being much more.

Hard to see when you consider what they got for other players leaving over the last few years and this lad has only played a few games.  

That Ben Hall example looks comparable

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

Only 4 years Lewis Ferguson has been at Hamilton according to STV I be surprised if you get over £300k. We have lost a few players to contracts over the years Fraser Fyvie was 19 when but think he was at Aberdeen since the age of 10 and first team regular and also Jack Grimmer  (17) who only played 4 games for us and went to fulham for £200,000 - again he was at the club since 10. 

Edited by betting competition

if the other side in a negotiation don't think your first offer is ridiculous, you fucked it up.

The trick is to not make it too ridiculous. Any offer will act as an anchor to some degree, but a credible one will be more likely to sway an arbiter. 

I think that the plastic pitched hoofballists have overcooked this but then again i don't know shit.

7 hours ago, betting competition said:

On to the few  youngsters: I've no idea what has happened to Scott Wright looked like he had ability last season but never really got a chance this season (lack of effort in training?).

There was sa rumour he fell out with McInnes in January over not being allowed to go out on loan.