The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Seems odd that Storey is on his way. Surely binning Stockley would be better?

Not sure. McInnes see's Stockley as offering something different....

Re Storey, I just don't rate him at all. In the limited game time he's had he's looked like he wants to impress but any time he's got the ball he's just looked clumsy, generally speaking of course, he took his goal well on Sunday. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Seems odd that Storey is on his way. Surely binning Stockley would be better?

Plenty of whispers that Storey is a bit of a bad influence on the training field and has a bit of a billy big boots attitude.

McInnes and Doherty think he's a wrong 'un and we've been trying to punt him for a while.

I think it would be better for Storey to leave rather than Stockley as I think Stockley has the physical part to game that Aberdeen don't have if looking for a Plan B. I don't think Stockley is Aberdeen level but he has proven in the past especially in the Scottish Cup Final he has the game to trouble teams like the quality of Celtic. With Storey I don't really think hasn't had a chance in the games but he doesn't look to have any ability at all but does have a lot of pace.

Looking at the squad we have on paper we have strengthen the team to a very good level although defence concerns me as we haven't got a defender that will will everything in the air or have a defensive midfielder that protects the defence. These at two weaknesses in our squad for me that our manager must look at (although think we may have used our budget now so might have to look at next transfer window or next season) 

Edited by Milners

To be fair, I can't think of many examples where McInnes has been proven wrong for not playing youth. Joe Shaughnessy would be the obvious example but he f*cked up a few times when he was playing regularly after McInnes took over. He was never trusted after his red card at Motherwell.

Wright certainly looks like the best prospect we've had since Ryan Fraser. Hopefully he sticks around for a bit longer than he did (although Fraser's reason for leaving would still be valid).

Agree with this.

It's a really poor argument to suggest that McInnes has a blind spot for youth, as is regurgitated so often these days. None of the youth (bar Joe) have gone onto anything of note. McInnes sees these guys in training and is well qualified to judge.

Cammy wasn't good enough I'm afraid, yes we could've persisted but I don't think he'd ever be up to the standards Christie and an on form McLean have set.

I'm just happy to have an exciting prospect in the first team worthy of the name.

Ticket deal announced for the Cup & League double header in case any of your lot are interested. http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/?p=64331

Motherwell and Aberdeen have agreed a special ticket deal for the forthcoming double-header in late September.

The Steelmen take on the Dons in the Quarter Final of the Betfred Cup on Thursday 21st September (7.45pm KO) before the two sides square up again on league business just four days later, Sunday 24th September (12.45pm KO).

And following discussions between both clubs this afternoon, admission prices (available on the turnstile on the night of the match) for the Cup game have been set at:

Adults: £10
Concessions: £5

• Concessions are listed as Under 18s, Over 60s and Full Time Students with a valid matriculation card.

In addition, the two clubs have agreed a reciprocal deal for Season Ticket holders for the SPFL Premiership games on Sunday 24th September at Fir Park, and the reverse fixture at Pittodrie on 18th November.

Dons Season Ticket holders can get into the game for £15 for adults and £10 for juveniles/concessions – full details on how visiting fans can obtain that reduced priced offer will be available on the AFC website.

In addition, ‘Well Season Ticket holders will receive an identical discount if they present ‘Special Voucher A’ from the back of their books when they visit Pittodrie in three months time, one voucher per fan.

‘Well Chief Operating Officer Alan Burrows: “We have been presented with an unusual anomaly with two games against Aberdeen in the space of four days, both live on BT Sport.

“After positive discussions yesterday, underlining the good relationship that exists between both clubs, we have agreed these various measures to try and make it as affordable for fans both at that double-header and the game at Pittodrie in November, which is the start of a fairly long run of away games for our supporters.

“It’s the first League Cup Quarter Final we’ve been involved in since 2013, so everyone is very much looking forward to the game and hopefully we can continue the positive vibe that is around the club at the moment with a big crowd on the night.”

Great move. Do Motherwell still use books? We've had the card system for so long it seems odd that other teams still have books.

Aye. We're still on old fashioned season books.

I don't think the people of Motherwell are ready for a card system yet.

Dear Stevie May

Could you please arrange to change your name by deed poll from Stevie May to Eleven May and we could finish the deal by making your shirt state 11 May 83 and thereby extort huge laughs at opposition fans as they froth about the eighties and living in the past etc and so forth. It would be endless giggles, honest to God.

Yours with two European stars

Ed