The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I hope he does well, even against us.

I'm trying to work out what you meant to say here, as surely it can't be what's written!

Like most Saints fans, I'll happily sing the praises of the player we had and will defend what he's done in England due to the circumstances but £300,000 on a player who damaged all three ligaments in his knee and who, if you add his total playing time together over the past 21 months, hasn't even played two full matches? A big risk for me and surely a loan would have made more sense? Derek McInnes - who I also have a lot of time for - is fortunate to get a second chance to work with May as well; he was going nowhere under him at McDiarmid Park.

I'm trying to work out what you meant to say here, as surely it can't be what's written!

I think I worded it badly. Not wanting him to score winners against us or that, but I'll be happy to see him playing every week and enjoying himself, and if he happens to have a stormer against us, then so be it.

Pleased with Stevie May

If he can recapture form from a few years ago what a shit hot signing

You'd like to think he's over his injury problems. Our Sports Science and Medical department are phenomenal and I can't think we'd over him 4 years on hopes and prayers. 

Although the injury thing is a risk money wise, we've got a big pool of forwards to pick from so it's not as if it's going to kill our season if he does get injured. 

We're all aware of Rooney's limitations, but he's perfectly capable of having the ball deflect in off his knee from 3 yards out scoring 20 times a season.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Good signing. 

I'm presuming he's over his injuries...no way we would have shelled out that cash on a 4 year contract unless he had a clear bill of health.

He can't be match fit though. Another one who'll sit on the bench until January....:P

That's  a lot  of money and a very long contract for a guy who's knee was hanging by a thread..Still it's a great move for him in if his knee does pack in he still gets paid for the next four years..I really do wish Stevie well but it's a hell of a risk 

Edited by LANG TOON SAINTIE

St Johnstone fans going to great lengths talking about how great Stevie May is and excusing his poor form over the past couple of years until he signs for the Dons and now they think he's done. [emoji38]

Not at all. Most are saying they hope he does well. His record in England was far, far better than folk claim. A young striker chucked into a new league, with a new team, who created no chances, and he got almost double figures. Goals per minute wise he was their best that season.

Most are just aware of how bad his injury was, as we all kept a fairly focuses eyeball on it as it was happening.

Not me I reckon he could be a very good signing g for you..I just feel that a six month loan deal with an Option to buy would have been the sensible option.Taking a chance on giving a four year contract to a guy who sustained such a horrific career threatening injury seems a little risky to say the least.