The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Naismith would have to be scoring every week for a year before I even consider cheering for him.
He fkd Rob Milsom.
He crocked himself doing it.
The press was all 'poor Naismith'
Milsom's career was finished at Aberdeen because of the injury.

9 hours ago, betting competition said:

Don't get some Aberdeen fans message of thanks to Hayes, if he went to Rangers would they do the same? No Chance

I don't think anyone can blame him wanting to play in the Champions League under Rodgers after giving us five great years. If he'd signed for some Europa QR1 diddies that finished below us in the league then I don't think he'd receive the same reception, and quite rightly so.

I'm pissed off by it, but I get it, and he gave his all for the Dons, and he is a truly likeable guy and player who has provided some great moments.

That's not to say I won't be raging if he scores against us next season.

2 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I'm pissed off by it, but I get it, and he gave his all for the Dons, and he is a truly likeable guy and player who has provided some great moments.

That's not to say I won't be raging if he scores against us next season.

I hope he scores 6 consolation goals against us next season. ;)

Being a professional footballer is a short career, and Hayes will be 30 by the time the domestic season starts. I don't think I can begrudge him a final payday. Signing a contract extension in February also put us in a good position to demand a higher fee for him. I'm obviously disappointed that he has gone to Celtic and that he will be playing against us, but I understand that he has to make a pragmatic decision about what is in the best interests of him and his family. Hopefully he has some stinkers against us, though. 

Loved Jonny Hayes but he's gone now and while he plays for them - f**k him 

This post-Hayes w**k the Club and some of our fans seem to be having is OTT, wind it fucking in 

I have wondered if some of the Hayes feelings haven't been tempered by the joy/relief induced by McInnes' decision.  We're all in such a good mood that losing Hayes to Celtic hasn't provoked the kind of ill-will that is usual when a Don goes to weegieland.

I'd guess we'd all have preferred he went to England. 

Hayes has just had a better season than Roberts. He might be approaching 30, but he is a better all-round player, and, with fewer defensive responsibilities (which he generally carries out assiduously), he should be a good signing for Celtic in the short-term. Roberts undoubtedly has age and potential on his side, but I'd rather have Hayes in my team at this moment in time. He is a fantastic player.