The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Aye, I was surprised to hear this week that we've been linked to the bearded wonder.  The media have done well to keep it under wraps until double-header week.

That wasn’t my point (as you’d be aware if you weren’t a drunken mess) it was that it’s ramped up by them even more this week

McInnes could've killed the Sevco shit months ago by simply saying he wasn't interested. Instead, he has poured petrol on the flames on a consistent basis.

For me, the McInnes era is one of missed opportunity. 

Pretty much every big game has been bottled.

We had a proper chance of winning the league against Deila's Celtic team, and they beat us pretty much every game.

He's incredibly stubborn, and if a tactic/formation fails, he will persist with it until it works, to portray himself as some sort of tactical genius.

He waits far, far too long to make substitutions that are glaringly obvious in games. 

He has very little faith in our youth players, and has brought through pretty much nobody. Scott Wright has looked like a natural successor to Jonny Hayes when he has played this season, but is getting less and less game time whilst McInnes persists with shit like Mackay-Steven.

He's got a massive boner for Kenny McLean, who has been completely fucking dreadful for all but six months of his time with us. I hope he takes him to Sevco.

*Awaits "Who better than McInnes will come to us" etc.* 

Ugh.

Edited by AFCDannyFTH

That game was the worst trip away for me in the european adventure 
Top 5 for me 
1 - Dnipro
2 - Siroki Brijeg
3 - Shkëndija (Skopje)
4 - HNK Rijeka
5 - Real Sociedad (San Sebastian)
Special mention for Kairat Almaty (nearly in top 5). So many amazing trips that i've not mentioned either. 

Missed Dnipro but Rijeka was fucking incredible.

McInnes could've killed the Sevco shit months ago by simply saying he wasn't interested. Instead, he has poured petrol on the flames on a consistent basis.
For me, the McInnes era is one of missed opportunity. 
Pretty much every big game has been bottled.
We had a proper chance of winning the league against Deila's Celtic team, and they beat us pretty much every game.
He's incredibly stubborn, and if a tactic/formation fails, he will persist with it until it works, to portray himself as some sort of tactical genius.
He waits far, far too long to make substitutions that are glaringly obvious in games. 
He has very little faith in our youth players, and has brought through pretty much nobody. Scott Wright has looked like a natural successor to Jonny Hayes when he has played this season, but is getting less and less game time whilst McInnes persists with shit like Mackay-Steven.
He's got a massive boner for Kenny McLean, who has been completely fucking dreadful for all but six months of his time with us. I hope he takes him to Sevco.
*Awaits "Who better than McInnes will come to us" etc.* 

Ugh.

Lighten up min. McInnes is as good as it's ever been for 25 years. Deila's Celtic was only a missed opportunity because McInnes created the opportunity. If we were still jobbing around the bottom of the table like the majority of the last couple of decades we'd still be complaining that they were unassailable. McInnes has just about taken us up to as high as we can get.

Sure he's bottled big games, and we could have done better in cup competitions (Dundee Utd in 14/15 in particular looks a missed opportunity). Rangers the other day was a disaster, and I blame McInnes entirely. He's lucky that he's got another shot at it this weekend. He's surely got enough credit in the bank going forward to keep fans onside?!

Basically, I [emoji173]️ McInnes. I don't want to go back to Stephen Hughes. I don't want to go back to Mark McGhee. I'm happy where we are.

26 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Lighten up min. McInnes is as good as it's ever been for 25 years. Deila's Celtic was only a missed opportunity because McInnes created the opportunity. If we were still jobbing around the bottom of the table like the majority of the last couple of decades we'd still be complaining that they were unassailable. McInnes has just about taken us up to as high as we can get.

Sure he's bottled big games, and we could have done better in cup competitions (Dundee Utd in 14/15 in particular looks a missed opportunity). Rangers the other day was a disaster, and I blame McInnes entirely. He's lucky that he's got another shot at it this weekend. He's surely got enough credit in the bank going forward to keep fans onside?!

Basically, I emoji173.png️ McInnes. I don't want to go back to Stephen Hughes. I don't want to go back to Mark McGhee. I'm happy where we are.

Agreed. DM has created the expectation that we could get to the next level although he is yet to deliver and perhaps never will. I believe he gets a bigger share of the credit and Milne gets less than they deserve for the improvements. However, DM is  great for Aberdeen  and when I am not raging about another disaster in Glasgow, I would not swop him.

Agreed. DM has created the expectation that we could get to the next level although he is yet to deliver and perhaps never will. I believe he gets a bigger share of the credit and Milne gets less than they deserve for the improvements. However, DM is  great for Aberdeen  and when I am not raging about another disaster in Glasgow, I would not swop him.

If it doesn’t work out with this set of players, he’s got more than enough credit with me to have another crack at it in the summer.

A fair few people suggesting a change may be for the best - does this mean if he doesn’t go to the **** that they feel he should be sacked?

He’s a pragmatist, I hold him responsible for Wednesday night (not withstanding the players and referee having shockers too) but I’m not convinced he’s got 100% faith in the team as a whole to have a proper go at times, whereas last season with last seasons squad he had more trust invested in them to take teams on (Scottish Cup final, Ibrox in May)

I hope he stays, and getting pumped off then twice before they take our manager is the stuff the worst nightmares are made of.

OK it's nae looking to the future, but maybe to make sure we finish at worst second, let's get McGinn back at whatever cost and put in a loan bid for Hayes. We'll see what May, Maynard etc are like then?

OK it's nae looking to the future, but maybe to make sure we finish at worst second, let's get McGinn back at whatever cost and put in a loan bid for Hayes. We'll see what May, Maynard etc are like then?

Can't get Hayes as we've already got Christie on loan. Agreed on McGinn if we actually can get him, we are desperate for him.

Summer signing wise it feels like more misses than hits, but there should be enough talent in that team to finish second. It will be tougher than last season though.

On 02/12/2017 at 12:04, Kneetrembler said:

Correct. If Milne can organise £50 million for a new stadium, surely he can give McInnes a deal that Rangers can't match and get some new players too.

Moving to the countryside might not be the smartest thing to do as every £ will be tied up.

Plenty romours floating around McInnes is a done deal with the **** sadly a  press journalist has tweeted Aberdeen are sounding out Jack Ross. Will be absolutely gutted if he leaves he has us playing the best football I have seen for decades from a Saints side for sure Ross will move to bigger clubs just hope it's not now.  His players constantly praise him so his management skills must be top notch.