The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

I happened to be working with some Swindon fans when the Jerel Awful transfer came about.  They thought he was great, and that he'd pyss Scottish football:wacko:  He was fans player of the year one year, and almost Swindon's captain.  He was also their longest serving player just before he left, making over 200 appearances for them!

He is my top pick for worst footballer to play a reasonable amount of games for Aberdeen.  Genuinely the only professional football player, I can recall that didn't know how to kick a football.  

Way worse than the likes of McQuilken, or Ritchie 'Roberto Carlos's Byrne, Leon Mike or Dave Bus.

JESUS FVKKIN H CHRIST HE WAS BAD.  We signed him for two years on the basis of one friendly appearance I think.  WTF!

Yours, getting angry at the thought of him.

aDONis

Did I mention how FVKKIN SHIT he was.  Davros from Dr Who had better ball skills.

Davrosimages.jpeg.8531e7e4685ad72f3cdd7f96bfa6aa0e.jpeg

Ifil 5afb63193d65e_images(1).jpeg.feee7afceb3678d497aa972d67e9e9ef.jpeg

Couldn't agree more.

Ifil was fucking hopeless.  His debut against Celtic was one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen.  The number of aimless hoofs just anywhere and everywhere.

I've said it before on here, SHAME on the pissed up individuals who saw him play at Hull and sang his name based on a pre season friendly.  SHAME ON YOU.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Couldn't agree more.

Ifil was fucking hopeless.  His debut against Celtic was one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen.  The number of aimless hoofs just anywhere and everywhere.

I've said it before on here, SHAME on the pissed up individuals who saw him play at Hull and sang his name based on a pre season friendly.  SHAME ON YOU.

Guilty. I was very pissed in fairness. 

oi these are my teenage idols you're bashing here!
Severin, Miller, Mackie, Young and Diamond were some of my favourite players. Lee Miller especially, what a guy. If there was an award for Most Free Kicks Won per 90 mins....
I can't find a single Lee Miller goal for Aberdeen on youtube. For shame.

I seem to remember him scoring a brilliant goal against Kilmarnock where he was at the corner of the box and almost flicked it in with the outside of his boot and it curled into the top corner but I can't find any footage of it or anyone else who remembers it so I may have imagined it. I thought he did it twice but never attempted it again.

Anyone know how I get me free home shirt courtesy of my DNA membership?

I was wondering the same thing. As far as I can tell we have to collect it from the club store (with photographic ID), I'm not sure if we have to book a slot to do it. International members get it sent out with their pre-season pack apparently but premium members don't. I might contact the club to see if there's any way they can send it out as I'm unlikely to be in Aberdeen until the season actually starts.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Scott Brown must be the most classless Celtic captain in history. Now accusing Graeme Shinnie of tackling like a little boy on Sunday. 

The grey and green dross* will lap that slavering shite up though.

*(c) The Kincardine, 2017

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Scott Brown must be the most classless Celtic captain in history. Now accusing Graeme Shinnie of tackling like a little boy on Sunday. 

His 2 little boy tackles on  Kenny McLean which should have seen 2 yellow cards.  If Shinnie played for Celtic he wouldn't get 17 yellow cards a season as we see with Scott Brown.

Was disappointed with the BBC for not showing Brown 2 poor timed tackles on Kenny McLean but we know there is always media bias when it comes to Rangers and Celtic compared to other clubs.  

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

His 2 little boy tackles on  Kenny McLean which should have seen 2 yellow cards.  If Shinnie played for Celtic he wouldn't get 17 yellow cards a season as we see with Scott Brown.

Was disappointed with the BBC for not showing Brown 2 poor timed tackles on Kenny McLean but we know there is always media bias when it comes to Rangers and Celtic compared to other clubs.  

Thing at the time was, that roughly two minutes after Brown should have collected his second yellow, Ajer was booked at the edge of the Aberdeen box for a tackle nothing like as bad as Brown’s second.

8 minutes ago, betting competition said:

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Thing at the time was, that roughly two minutes after Brown should have collected his second yellow, Ajer was booked at the edge of the Aberdeen box for a tackle nothing like as bad as Brown’s second.

Craig Thomson

shrug.gif

This hilariously paranoid video has the Shinnie challenge on Brown at the end of it. Not that bad a tackle. Is there a clip of Browns tackle that, according to several reports, should have seen hi sent off?

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

This hilariously paranoid video has the Shinnie challenge on Brown at the end of it. Not that bad a tackle. Is there a clip of Browns tackle that, according to several reports, should have seen hi sent off?

Not seen it since replays at the time but yeah should have a second yellow (approx 2 minutes after his first) - both on Kenny McLean as he glided past him.

2 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I was wondering the same thing. As far as I can tell we have to collect it from the club store (with photographic ID), I'm not sure if we have to book a slot to do it. International members get it sent out with their pre-season pack apparently but premium members don't. I might contact the club to see if there's any way they can send it out as I'm unlikely to be in Aberdeen until the season actually starts.

They replied to me on Twitter. If you email your details to the shop they claim they will post it out for you.

Shinnie’s challenge individually was worse than anything brown did but browns were both yellows. Classic case of McLean about to take the ball onto the break after we’d made the clearance and brown just comes through the back of him.

Incidentally at the game everyone around me was going mad, I didn’t even bother protesting a 2nd yellow.

Scott brown, at park head, just been booked, week before the cup final, trophy day etc etc. He wasn’t getting sent off in a millions years.

21 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Excellent I'll send them an email.

Best doing that then collecting it today - massive queues that took an 1 hour to go down which I think it was caused by nearly all wanting the DNA badge at the back of the top - if only the club managed to get a fair number done then there wouldn't have been much of an queue. 

Edited by betting competition