The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just received an e-mail to my old Uni e-mail account. Seems you lot are advertising call centre jobs for AFC Memberships. Bit bizarre.

Copy of said e-mail:

'As Aberdeen FC continues its quest to become a Top 100 UEFA ranked club by 2020, we are now recruiting for full-time and part-time personnel for a special six person Supporter Engagement Team, as part of a ground breaking project soon to be launched at Pittodrie Stadium.

The Permanent roles are full time with a 35-hour week and the Ad-Hoc staff will work varying hours. The roles come with an attractive basic salary and commission.

The main responsibility of these roles is to generate sales of new AFC Memberships to supporters via inbound/outbound call campaigns.

The application deadline is 12th February 2018.'

There was a section of that survey based on memberships so I'm guessing it's a big part of their vision for the future. It sounds like a decent money spinner, good way of getting fans who can't justify a season ticket to feel involved whilst the club can gain some income from it. Good idea all in all.

3 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Any word on the Black and Gold Q&A last night? Only seen that the boss rightly moaned about the horrific atmosphere at Pittodrie

Meh. 

With the amount of people that moan about it you'd expect it to improve...all talk. 

Edited by shootingboots

36 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Any word on the Black and Gold Q&A last night? Only seen that the boss rightly moaned about the horrific atmosphere at Pittodrie

Tansey will never play for us again

Celtic tried some dirty tricks in trying to hijack Woodman deal but he stayed true to his word

28 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Over zealous stewarding over the years?

When I was young and raucous stewards were all over you telling you sit down and shut up 

I suspect the answer is more that as Aberdonians we're a pretty dour bunch, especially when sober and cold.

4 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

I missed the email and too late to book.

The horrific atmosphere has always been like that but any chances of creating an atmosphere was hurt by the board. The red ultras in the early 2000's was a group that could have helped here but with the smoke bombs going off in the Shed at Dundee United then they was banned as a supporters club after 10 years. After that the same group try to organised a singing section and although the numbers was poor it was never going to take off once they put them in a corner of the Merkland end. The ironic thing is other clubs in Scotland copied the Red Ultras ideas.

I hope the new stadium will have safe standing then people that can create an atmosphere in that area like what Celtic have done. 

Edited by betting competition

I am pretty angry with McInnes after the B&G thing to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I suspect the answer is more that as Aberdonians we're a pretty dour bunch, especially when sober and cold.

This is exactly correct. The home support are mostly locals. We are a reserved bunch, slow to get excited, but when we are it is a scene to behold. The away fans are made up from a lot of different areas and also students based in the central belt. Even when were shite we had a big noisy away support. And when we were awesome the home support was subdued, unless we were beating an Ugly Sister or European Giant. I had a bit of a row with some Central Belt Dons fans in Inverness once. They were pissed, and bouncing around chanting and having a great time. Then one of them asked me "how you no singing? Yer no a real fan". Not everyone is fit for jumping about and yelling. I'm certainly not anymore, but I would put my attendance record up against anyone's and I doubt I would be embarrassed.

When we have beaten Rangers and Celtic at home there have been amazing atmospheres at Pittodrie. Also in Europe, the Almaty home game, the last ten minutes when we were pressing for a goal, the place was absolutely rocking.

McInnes said the team were playing their part but the crowd weren't. I beg to differ. Aberdeen fans wont get excited about beating teams outside the ugly sisters at Pittodrie  because we expect to do so. That makes us entitled and arrogant, but its how it is. A bit more entitlement and arrogance from the team and we might actually manage to beat Rangers one day. Consistency does not inspire passion, overcoming the odds does that.

If McInnes and any Dons fans want  to know what the secret of generating a cauldron like atmosphere at Pittodrie is then I can tell you.

Beat Rangers or Celtic there.

6 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I missed the email and too late to book.

The horrific atmosphere has always been like that but any chances of creating an atmosphere was hurt by the board. The red ultras in the early 2000's was a group that could have helped here but with the smoke bombs going off in the Shed at Dundee United then they was banned as a supporters club after 10 years. After that the same group try to organised a singing section and although the numbers was poor it was never going to take off once they put them in a corner of the Merkland end. The ironic thing is other clubs in Scotland copied the Red Ultras ideas.

I hope the new stadium will have safe standing then people that can create an atmosphere in that area like what Celtic have done. 

The Red Ultras were awesome. 

I am pretty angry with McInnes after the B&G thing to be honest. 
This is exactly correct. The home support are mostly locals. We are a reserved bunch, slow to get excited, but when we are it is a scene to behold. The away fans are made up from a lot of different areas and also students based in the central belt. Even when were shite we had a big noisy away support. And when we were awesome the home support was subdued, unless we were beating an Ugly Sister or European Giant. I had a bit of a row with some Central Belt Dons fans in Inverness once. They were pissed, and bouncing around chanting and having a great time. Then one of them asked me "how you no singing? Yer no a real fan". Not everyone is fit for jumping about and yelling. I'm certainly not anymore, but I would put my attendance record up against anyone's and I doubt I would be embarrassed.
When we have beaten Rangers and Celtic at home there have been amazing atmospheres at Pittodrie. Also in Europe, the Almaty home game, the last ten minutes when we were pressing for a goal, the place was absolutely rocking.
McInnes said the team were playing their part but the crowd weren't. I beg to differ. Aberdeen fans wont get excited about beating teams outside the ugly sisters at Pittodrie  because we expect to do so. That makes us entitled and arrogant, but its how it is. A bit more entitlement and arrogance from the team and we might actually manage to beat Rangers one day. Consistency does not inspire passion, overcoming the odds does that.
If McInnes and any Dons fans want  to know what the secret of generating a cauldron like atmosphere at Pittodrie is then I can tell you.
Beat Rangers or Celtic there.

Bang on Kneetrembler. Absolutely bang on. Win big games and Pittodrie comes alive.