The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Yeah I'm scratching my head at that one. How is this in Norwich's interest? If true it's a great deal for us, but can't see why Norwich don't just sign him on a pre-contract.

They might really want him and are willing to pay a fee to make sure they have him next season and get in ahead of everyone else, incase there's interest from others.

Would make sense if he's a priority target for next season.

30 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Yeah I'm scratching my head at that one. How is this in Norwich's interest? If true it's a great deal for us, but can't see why Norwich don't just sign him on a pre-contract.

The exact same reason as Celtic paid £300k for Morgan 6 months before his deal was up instead of just trying for a pre-contract and paying potentially £100k-£150k less.

Anyway, decent deal. Always hoped we'd see more than 10% of a fee like £200k but then it's money we haven't budgeted for I suppose. Hopefully the money coming to us will be used to bring in another forward.

Fantastic bit of business by all at Pittodrie.

Added bonus of another one who would allegedly walk over broken glass to get to Ibrox not ending up there, and before NewCo pile in saying never good enough, don't foget your insulting offer of last transfer window.

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

Fantastic bit of business by all at Pittodrie.

Added bonus of another one who would allegedly walk over broken glass to get to Ibrox not ending up there, and before NewCo pile in saying never good enough, don't foget your insulting offer of last transfer window.

Well that's what they need to tell themselves, in order to continue the delusion that they're not a total diddy team.

Maybe the The has unfinished business and wants to win the Scottish with Aberdeen don’t know why with some off the abuse he gets on here 

Abuse he gets off the support in general is pretty poor, invariably the first target for the whingers when things aren’t going well.

Same folk have had him going to Sevco for ages too.

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Why haven't they just signed him on a pre-contract, then? Still, a six-figure fee and keeping him until the end of the season is a really good deal for us. 

Pre-contracts have meant nothing since the Richie Brittain saga. Only way to actually secure a player is to pay, otherwise you take a risk of them pulling out of the deal.

Maybe the The has unfinished business and wants to win the Scottish with Aberdeen don’t know why with some off the abuse he gets on here 

Perhaps because he often doesn’t contribute nearly enough for the team yet is undroppable. We paid a decent whack of money for him and he hasn’t chipped in with enough goals or assists to warrant that. There’s a good player in there somewhere but he has little end product.

There is also the fact that he was quite happy to leave the club for nothing. Hayes signed a new deal to get a better deal for himself and the club, Norwich paying a fee for McLean is just coincidental.

What will we do next season without 40 yard cross field balls on to the head of the opposition or long shots over the bar or a player falling over wanting a free kick when caught in possession.

6 figure fee for an above ordinary player with contract due to end. Excellent work AFC.

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

I wonder why Aberdeen are charging Killie fans  £6 more than Killie charged the Dons?

Simple really. They overcharge Dons fans in the same stand and you can't have different prices for same seating in the same stand.

It's nothing personal

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

I wonder why Aberdeen are charging Killie fans  £6 more than Killie charged the Dons?

Clubs can charge what they want. 

Why do Killie charge Old Firm supporters more than other teams?

£26 is too expensive but seems an odd question.