The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

25 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Derek was saying you don't have the money to make any signings. Blew your load in the summer.

If McLean leaves for the rumoured £200k then perhaps Scotty Allan would come in to replace him. Thoughts on that one?

Scott Allan that can't get in the Dundee team?  That Scott Allan?

There will be money, I have no idea where you heard McInnes saying there isn't, but he'll no doubt be being coy about it. Plus I'd imagine if we sell McLean he'll get all of that transfer fee. I wouldn't be disappointed to see us go for McGeouch; I think he'd provide the energy we miss in there when Shinnie plays left back. I'm assuming Nwakali will be a starter, but if we take in a decent fee for McLean I think we'll try for Docherty as well.

7 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

There will be money, I have no idea where you heard McInnes saying there isn't, but he'll no doubt be being coy about it.

He said it in a press conference - within the last month.

7 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Plus I'd imagine if we sell McLean he'll get all of that transfer fee. I wouldn't be disappointed to see us go for McGeouch; I think he'd provide the energy we miss in there when Shinnie plays left back. I'm assuming Nwakali will be a starter, but if we take in a decent fee for McLean I think we'll try for Docherty as well.

McGeouch would be a good signing - depends on what happens with the new contract he's been offered at Hibs.

Can't see Docherty being in your reach.

1 minute ago, Kneetrembler said:

I was told yesterday that Scott Wright is keen to go out on loan as he's frustrated by the lack of game time he's getting at Aberdeen.

I think that would be best provided it's a decent standard; i.e. in this league. Then in the summer they need to get the boy in doing some damn squats, he's far too lightweight.

34 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Yeah. I'm struggling to think of a better player you could afford on your budget frankly. Maybe Fraser Fyvie if Dundee United don't come up?

We could always go down the loan route if we couldn't afford to buy a player (anyone). 

7 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Frank Ross coming on loan to Morton according to the Daily Record (I know). Is he a wide midfielder by any chance? Other impressions?

He can play anywhere behind the striker afaik, but more central. Check out his free kick vs der ***.

Good to see Ross signing an extension even if it is just a year before going to Morton. Would have been a risk otherwise.

Can't see us getting Cadden if that's real. Unless he's out of contract I'd reckon Motherwell would ask for a fair bit for him.

Morton is a sensible loan for Ross; he has had promising moments in some cameo appearances  - most notably his goal against Rangers - but seemingly hasn't done enough to really force himself into McInnes' plans for the second half of the season, especially with McGinn returning. I'd rather have him out getting regular gametime than playing a quarter of an hour every three or four games from our bench. Ideally we would reach a similar arrangement for Scott Wright, although preferably with a bottom-six Premiership team, provided McInnes believes we have enough depth. 

As for talk of Docherty, I'd imagine that is almost certainly a non-starter. He is a good player, but with a plethora of English Championship teams and Rangers (who he actively supports) apparently sniffing about, I just can't see him coming up to us, unfortunately. 

Edited by DrewDon

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Morton is a sensible loan for Ross; he has had promising moments in some cameo appearances  - most notably his goal against Rangers - but seemingly hasn't done enough to really force himself into McInnes' plans for the second half of the season, especially with McGinn returning. I'd rather have him out getting regular gametime than playing a quarter of an hour every three or four games from our bench. Ideally we would reach a similar arrangement for Scott Wright, although preferably with a bottom-six Premiership team, provided McInnes believes we have enough depth. 

As for talk of Docherty, I'd imagine that is almost certainly a non-starter. He is a good player, but with a plethora of English Championship teams and Rangers (who he actively supports) apparently sniffing about, I just can't see him coming up to us, unfortunately. 

We will happily take him too....

53 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Hoping that's McInnes just being coy. Squad still feels thin at centre mid. Especially if McLean goes in this window.

Tyrone did ask a lot of questions about the transfer window in the press conference :) - I think with McGinn signing there wouldn't be much left in the budget so a player will have leave before we can take in another player. Can't see any club come in for Nicky Maynard soon lol

I do agree with you about being very light in the Centre of Midfield but I suppose we will have to take a small risk with that with our budget. 

Edited by betting competition

On 1/18/2018 at 10:41, Forest of Dean said:

Yeah. I'm struggling to think of a better player you could afford on your budget frankly. Maybe Fraser Fyvie if Dundee United don't come up?

Given that tight budget we have, things must have looked really really shockingly shit behind the doors of Ibrox, given that McInnes decided to give your overtures a swift boot in the pie.

24 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Given that tight budget we have, things must have looked really really shockingly shit behind the doors of Ibrox, given that McInnes decided to give your overtures a swift boot in the pie.

The above tweeted quote from Derek shows my comments were bang on. McGinn is a quality signing but you'd have to be hoping that McInnes is just being coy there. 

Especially if McLean goes this month.

Edited by Forest of Dean

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

The above tweeted quote from Derek shows my comments were bang on. McGinn is a quality signing but you'd have to be hoping that McInnes is just being coy there. 

Especially if McLean goes this month.

Clearly what you lack for in reading comprehension you make up for in persistence.

I didn't say that our budget wasn't tight. I said that however tight it was, the general situation at your club was such that Derek found Aberdeen's situation to be far preferable than whatever shitstorm he'd have walked into there.

The exact quote from McInnes was:

"If something comes up that's available, that's affordable first and foremost to us, that we think can help us with the aims and objectives for the rest of the season, then I would certainly ask the question. I think it'd be very unlikely for us to do anything in January because it is a difficult month to bring that level of player to your club."

Think that gives it a different feel from the above quote tbh.