The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:

Kenny McLean to Norwich for 500k in the papers this morning that would be not bad business

I'm one of the few Dandies that thinks we'll really miss McLean when he goes.

When he plays well, he's a terrific player. I just don't think we've played him in his correct position often enough.

It would be an utter disaster to see him go the currants, they play him 20 yards further forward, and becomes a 15 goal a season midfielder.

I'm one of the few Dandies that thinks we'll really miss McLean when he goes.

When he plays well, he's a terrific player. I just don't think we've played him in his correct position often enough.

It would be an utter disaster to see him go the currants, they play him 20 yards further forward, and becomes a 15 goal a season midfielder.

Yeah I rate him 2 but id much rather he went to Norwich for some cash than he went to the rangers,id trust DM to replace him if he was given the cash

We'd miss McLean, simply due to the fact we already need a new centre mid. We miss Ryan Jack for the same reason. He's not irreplaceable, but we just haven't done it. Same would apply for McLean, who is a player I love watching, but hasn't quite fulfilled his potential. Think he'd be poor down south to be fair. Hope he stays clear of the ****.

I quite like McLean, but I have never been entirely sure what his best position is supposed to be. He needs to add more goals and assists to his game to become a really effective number 10. He has some of the requisite attributes for a deep-lying playmaker, but his lack of physicality can limit his suitability for that role. Basically, he is a good player at this level, but flatters to deceive a little too often for me. 

I would ordinarily bite your hand off for anything close to the Norwich offer being quoted, particularly with his contract expiring at the end of the season and no chance of renewal. But it would leave us light in central midfield options if we couldn't immediately source one or two reasonably high-quality replacements, especially since O'Connor is painfully limited in there.  

9 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Docherty is under contract til like 2021 and Accies just knocked back a 300k bid from rangers for him. Reckon he'd probably be out of our price range. Good player though.

"He's worth half that" headline coming up from Jim Traynor before going on to read "Hamilton are in real financial difficulty and they can ill afford to turn down good money at such a critical time with Brexit looming"

Edited by red23

11 hours ago, scottorae said:

A real lack of decent rumours this window. Hopefully a good thing and we’ll be pleasantly surprised

Derek was saying you don't have the money to make any signings. Blew your load in the summer.

If McLean leaves for the rumoured £200k then perhaps Scotty Allan would come in to replace him. Thoughts on that one?

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

Derek was saying you don't have the money to make any signings. Blew your load in the summer.

If McLean leaves for the rumoured £200k then perhaps Scotty Allan would come in to replace him. Thoughts on that one?

No thanks, maybe you guys could get him on loan.

Seems like everyone else is going to Ibrox on loan

I really like Kenny McLean think we will miss him once he has gone, from October last season I thought he was excellent. The best position for him is just behind the Striker but sadly we have a lot of quality that can play in that position. I would prefer to sell him to Norwich if they are interested and replace him with a similar standard - like others I  hope he doesn't go to Rangers as that will improve them. 

Craig Storie what a let down after his performance against Celtic a few years ago I thought he had a chance of being a first team regular. There was rumours of having a bad attitude in training and it doesn't look good that Aberdeen have released him 6 months before his contract has ended. I hope the lad has a look at others at himself and then look at former Aberdeen players like Cammy Smith who have done well.