The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Really chuffed Derek has decided to stay with the dons as  he is the only manager in over 25 years that I've not wanted sacked.  He has his faults and the big games we have bottled more than we should have but I look at the positives that he has brought to the club which we have never been this place in the league since the early 90's.

I look at the list to replace him and at the moment I don't see anyone that could do a job to the standard he has got us in. I look at Hearts who have dipped since replacing Neilson  and think we would have went the same way if we replaced McInnes.

I know a lot of support that don't like the way he spoke to Rangers but I don't get that as he spoke to Sunderland as well - he made a decision to stay due to both clubs being in a mess (would have went to either club was not in a mess). If Derek McInnes continues the success then I've no doubt a club with a much bigger wage structure than us will come in for him very soon.

Up the dons :)

Edited by betting competition

15 hours ago, scottorae said:

My perhaps forlorn hope is that we may see some activity given Mcinnes has stayed

McInnes in his press conference today that he would be having a recruitment meeting this week. He mentioned if we have a strong December then we might not have much recruitment in January.

McInnes started off his press conference: A bit quiet today :)

Why's that? Maybe need to shift some on (Maynard, Ball...) but would imagine we'll see a couple of new faces. 

I think with the big turnover in the summer we might need a bit of stability rather than new faces.
The team is taking long enough to gel as it is.

On 12/13/2017 at 10:41, Kneetrembler said:

I think with the big turnover in the summer we might need a bit of stability rather than new faces.
The team is taking long enough to gel as it is.

Think Milne or McInnes said that at the AGM.

January has always been a bit quiet for us we do make about 2 signings, so I expect a wide player (hopefully McGinn) and a defensive midfielder to sign and  Dominic Ball to go back to club as no point him being at us if not going to get a game.  

7 hours ago, betting competition said:

Think Milne or McInnes said that at the AGM.

January has always been a bit quiet for us we do make about 2 signings, so I expect a wide player (hopefully McGinn) and a defensive midfielder to sign and  Dominic Ball to go back to club as no point him being at us if not going to get a game.  

Forgotten all about him.  Seems like McInnes needs to sign one pointless loan signing per season.  Remember Jeffrey Monakana, Ryan McLaughlin or *gulp* Alan Tate?  I wouldn't be surprised to see Maynard released as well.

Edited by NorthernLights

27 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

mForgotten all about him.  Seems like McInnes needs to sign one pointless loan signing per season.  Remember Jeffrey Monakana, Ryan McLaughlin or *gulp* Alan Tate?  I wouldn't be surprised to see Maynard released as well.

Wes Burns last year too. 

I'd say Tate was the pick of the bunch, in terms of actual contribution. Can remember a 1-0 v Hibs (Flood screamer) where he was pretty solid. Monakana and McLaughlin did literally nothing, and Burns scored on his first game, but did absolutely nothing after. 

Parker and Monakana were bad - although Parker is faring the better of the two in England, playing regularly for League One Gillingham whilst Monakana is plying his trade with Welling in the National League South. 

Maynard makes some of those guys seem, well, semi-palatable. He is honking. That chance he squandered when played through by McLean on Saturday basically summed him up. He is National League standard. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Not really confident about McGinn coming if I’m honest - if he was coming back I’d imagine it’d be a case of “as soon as I heard Del was interested I jumped at the chance” rather than him weighing up his options as seems to be the case.

Given that it's almost certainly his last chance at a decent move, it's hard to blame him for weighing up his options.

As much as I'd like him back, my gut says that Niall will think that he did as much as he could with us, and he'll move to the central belt for a new challenge.

I'd be delighted to be wrong though.