The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

It would be funny if we put the McInnes compensation towards the training ground he's been crying out for.

“He’s being crying out for”? Everyone’s being crying out for training facilities for decades!

I’m with Willie Miller when he says that Derek McInnes has to be allowed to talk to Rangers. It’s going to be in no one’s interests to stop him talking to them if he wants to, and he obviously wants to. He may find out that the club is not for him when he finds out more about behind the scenes. We all know that if Aberdeen don’t allow him to talk to Rangers, he’s definitely going to end up there, whereas if we let him get into talks, there is a slight chance he will stay. For those who would be happy to see him go, just be very, very careful what you wish for.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m with Willie Miller when he says that Derek McInnes has to be allowed to talk to Rangers. It’s going to be in no one’s interests to stop him talking to them if he wants to, and he obviously wants to. He may find out that the club is not for him when he finds out more about behind the scenes. We all know that if Aberdeen don’t allow him to talk to Rangers, he’s definitely going to end up there, whereas if we let him get into talks, there is a slight chance he will stay. For those who would be happy to see him go, just be very, very careful what you wish for.

He's finished at Aberdeen. 

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

“He’s being crying out for”? Everyone’s being crying out for training facilities for decades!

No, no, no.

Don't you remember, Say No to Kingsford told us it was all to appease a football manager.  Mcinnes leaving is actually going to save us a lot of money.  Phew!

McInnes has been a good manager for us, but if he wants the Rangers job - and I think it's now pretty obvious that he does - I'd rather we just got it over and done with as soon as possible, allowing us to move forward and appoint a successor with new ideas who genuinely wants to be at this club. Although I do slightly worry about our hierarchy being trusted with appointing a new manager.

If McInnes genuinely wants to go to The Rangers, it probably is for the best that he is, at the very least, allowed to talk to them - assuming some kind of agreement has been reached that they can actually afford to pay the compensation due to AFC.    Who knows, DM may decide, once he gets to  peek behind  the sevco  curtain, that just like Sunderland, he's better off staying where he is.

If he decides to leave,   then, after we've had our head's gone moment, we'll just get on with supporting the Dons and who ever the new manager is.  

35 minutes ago, akredz said:

If McInnes genuinely wants to go to The Rangers, it probably is for the best that he is, at the very least, allowed to talk to them - assuming some kind of agreement has been reached that they can actually afford to pay the compensation due to AFC.    Who knows, DM may decide, once he gets to  peek behind  the sevco  curtain, that just like Sunderland, he's better off staying where he is.

If he decides to leave,   then, after we've had our head's gone moment, we'll just get on with supporting the Dons and who ever the new manager is.  

Very much this for me although I suspect that for a section of our support even talking to the Tribute Act will mean he has no way back in their eyes.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

No, no, no.

Don't you remember, Say No to Kingsford told us it was all to appease a football manager.  Mcinnes leaving is actually going to save us a lot of money.  Phew!

You’re quite right! I stand corrected.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

McInnes has been a good manager for us, but if he wants the Rangers job - and I think it's now pretty obvious that he does - I'd rather we just got it over and done with as soon as possible, allowing us to move forward and appoint a successor with new ideas who genuinely wants to be at this club. Although I do slightly worry about our hierarchy being trusted with appointing a new manager.

1. Money up front; no installments.

2. The heirarchy appointed McInnes...

Perhaps, given the previous 2 decades, there's a reason to be distrustful. The heirarchy is now completely different from the one who appointed Skovdhal/Calderwood. The club is also in a completely different, and far superior position (relative) than it was back then.

Nobody knows what's gonna happen... I wouldn't be surprised if McInnes talks to the filth, and rejects them.

I mean, I'm a cynic, but I very much doubt Rangers have so publicly made McInnes their preferred candidate without some sort of concrete indication that he wants the job. This sort of thing happens in football all the time with both managers and players, and I suppose it is virtually impossible to prevent and police. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

No, no, no.

I don't remember this, perhaps you could refresh all our memories.

Or perhaps you are just speaking shite.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Probably, but not definitely. Stop being so dramatic!

Of course he is. He could have come out on Tuesday night and said "now that Sevco have made an approach, let's be clear I'm not interested". He hasn't. There's no way back from this for him. 

Evening Express now reporting that Sheerin has been "briefed" about the role of interim manager, with Robson as his assistant; McInnes and Docherty's exit expected to be confirmed later today.

ETA: Sheerin and Shinnie to take the pre-match Dundee press conference this afternoon. 

Edited by DrewDon

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Knowing the grubby way football works - I'd be amazed if talks hadn't been on-going between Rangers and someone acting for McInnes already (and for some time) - in fact, I think it would be very unusual if they hadn't. I always assumed the "permission to talk" stuff was just the public signal of the end of the compensation negotiation and nothing more as (in this case) Aberdeen can't stop McInnes negotiating a new job ahead of time - just as our employers can't.

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Knowing the grubby way football works - I'd be amazed if talks hadn't been on-going between Rangers and someone acting for McInnes already (and for some time) - in fact, I think it would be very unusual if they hadn't. I always assumed the "permission to talk" stuff was just the public signal of the end of the compensation negotiation and nothing more as (in this case) Aberdeen can't stop McInnes negotiating a new job ahead of time - just as our employers can't.

Exactly - we'd be very naïve to think this kind of contact didn't take place. Perhaps unethical but I'm not particularly bothered as it's the way of the world.