The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just wondering if McInnes decides he wants to do the rat like thing and jump ship to Sevco; would Aberdeen, if they "force" his resignation and consequently not get any money.

Would it not be better just to let him speak to them and at least claim compo. (If they can afford it of course, embarrassing publically if they cant)

A. Aberdeen would get a few quid

B. Sevco would need to pay what the no doubt cant afford and therefore weaken your main rivals further, at least financially.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

3 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Just wondering if McInnes decides he wants to do the rat like thing and jump ship to Sevco; would Aberdeen, if they "force" his resignation and consequently not get compensation?

A. Aberdeen would get a few quid

B. Sevco would need to pay what the no doubt cant afford and therefore weaken your main rivals further, at least financially.

Would it not be better just to let him speak to them and at least claim compo. Whether they can afford it is another point but if they cant, then exposes them further.

Wouldn't you be able to sue him for breach of contract if he simply walked out without working his notice?

Aberdeen could do worse than a double act of Graham Potter and Billy Reid. 

Excellent shout!

I don't know what all the fuss is about, yes he's done a great job stabilising Aberdeen and making them consistently the second best team in Scotland but at the same time he has been found wanting in the big games almost every time. Maybe that is just his level.

This should be an exciting time for Dons fans, the club are stable on and off the pitch now and in a good place to attract a better calibre of manager than they usually hire. There are good options out there who may be able to maintain second place but also take the club forward both domestically and in Europe. £1m will certainly help them if compo is required on a new appointment.

1 minute ago, Tartantony said:

Excellent shout!

I don't know what all the fuss is about, yes he's done a great job stabilising Aberdeen and making them consistently the second best team in Scotland but at the same time he has been found wanting in the big games almost every time. Maybe that is just his level.

This should be an exciting time for Dons fans, the club are stable on and off thepitch now and in a good place to attract a better calibre of manager than they usually hire. There are good options out there who may be able to maintain second place but also take the club forward both domestically and in Europe. £1m will certainly help them if compo is required on a new appointment.

Some of us like the misery.

th.jpg.cef39e3142b15a0ca4b6c142de5b24fa.jpg

I'm starting to think McInnes moving might be a good idea. He's done very well, totally turned us around, and left us in a position to move forward. We are clearly a cut above the rest of the league, but on far too many occaisions haven't competed in big games. I don't think he'd overly strengthen the filth, at least not immediately, as they have the same number of 'big games' a season as we do.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Jack Ross, his record so far has been excellent, and it looks like time for him to make the step up. Potentially might get a bit of money to take some St. Mirren players with him. Morgan has been pushing on recently.

That said, I'm open minded, and as TartonTony says, surely we're in the position now to attract a quality manager; should we need one.

Edited by Illgresi

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I see the obvious flaw in this

Where are Rangers going to get 1m to pay Aberdeen?

"Soft loans", Whatever they are. 

They'll probably have another share issue and shaft the fans again.

For £1k, you will be sent a signed piece of David Murray's tin leg, etc.

Excellent shout!

This should be an exciting time for Dons fans, the club are stable on and off the pitch now and in a good place to attract a better calibre of manager than they usually hire. There are good options out there who may be able to maintain second place but also take the club forward both domestically and in Europe. £1m will certainly help them if compo is required on a new appointment.

Talking lots of sense here

5 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

It would be funny if we put the McInnes compensation towards the training ground he's been crying out for.

Finish higher in the league than them,  win the remaining two league games against them, and finger them in the cup final....then I'd be happy with McInnes leaving...

I'm starting to think McInnes moving might be a good idea. He's done very well, totally turned us around, and left us in a position to move forward. We are clearly a cut above the rest of the league, but on far too many occaisions haven't competed in big games. I don't think he'd overly strengthen the filth, at least not immediately, as they have the same number of 'big games' a season as we do.
I'm intrigued by the idea of Jack Ross, his record so far has been excellent, and it looks like time for him to make the step up. Potentially might get a bit of money to take some St. Mirren players with him. Morgan has been pushing on recently.
That said, I'm open minded, and as TartonTony says, surely we're in the position now to attract a quality manager; should we need one.

Unfortunately Celtic have already agreed a deal with Morgan. Would rather he went to somewhere like Aberdeen or Hibs for his progression but that's football.

Cammy Smith has been just as influencial as Morgan this season.

Unfortunately Celtic have already agreed a deal with Morgan. Would rather he went to somewhere like Aberdeen or Hibs for his progression but that's football.