The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Could get you a really good seat if you want?  One for you an a mate, pitch side, excellent views. 

Probably even arrange a visit to the dressing room before the match.

There may well be interest, that's for others to talk about. I can't and wont comment on speculation.

I am happy to sit in the stand, I love sitting in the stand and I am committed to sitting in the stand. I have unfinished business in the stand.

Employee Contracts
D9 No Club shall directly or indirectly induce or attempt to induce any employee of
another Club to terminate a contract of employment with that other Club (whether
or not by breach of that contract) or directly or indirectly approach any such
employee with a view to offering employment without the consent of that other
Club. For the purpose of this Rule D9, "Club" means a member club of the Scottish
FA.
Inducement to breach Contracts
D10 No Club shall either directly or indirectly induce or attempt to induce any manager,
coach, trainer or other person involved in the training or management of the team
of another Club or a club in membership of the Scottish FA to breach a written
contract of employment. Clubs may notify the Company in writing, of the period of
all or any such persons' contracts of employment.
D11 Any Club either directly or indirectly inducing or attempting to induce any manager,
coach, trainer or other person involved in the training or management of the team
of another Club or a club in membership of the Scottish FA to breach a contract of
employment shall be dealt with by the Board as it shall see fit.

54 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

There may well be interest, that's for others to talk about. I can't and wont comment on speculation.

I am happy to sit in the stand, I love sitting in the stand and I am committed to sitting in the stand. I have unfinished business in the stand.

Weasel words. You could have put an end to any speculation once and for all.  As it is,  I can't see you being in the stands beyond next week.  I fully expect an equally lightweight non-denial denial on your behalf from @Div

Weasel words. You could have put an end to any speculation once and for all.  As it is,  I can't see you being in the stands beyond next week.  I fully expect an equally lightweight non-denial denial on your behalf from [mention=1]Div[/mention]

If@kneetrembler is offered the Aberdeen job, he will definitely be the Aberdeen manager.

39 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Weasel words. You could have put an end to any speculation once and for all.  As it is,  I can't see you being in the stands beyond next week.  I fully expect an equally lightweight non-denial denial on your behalf from @Div

4 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If@kneetrembler is offered the Aberdeen job, he will definitely be the Aberdeen manager.

This is getting ridiculous. The rest of my supporters club are being distracted. I see my future in the stands.

I have been keeping my thoughts on this whole saga to myself until something (eventually) happened. In my opinion I think we all have to accept that McInnes is gone. His head has been turned and it has affected our performances as a result. My issue is not with him. I saw him as an ideal Dons manager when at St Johnstone and was disappointed when he moved to Bristol City. Fortunately for us, that didn't work out and he was able to come here. The past few seasons have been the most consistent years of enjoyment that I've ever had - as a relatively young fan - watching us play. However, I think most of us would agree that McInnes' reign has been one that had, at times, promised so much more but ultimately failed to deliver more than just one trophy. A Scottish Cup win last year would have been his crowning achievement and one that would have made him a true legend in the eyes of everyone. But, like so often during his tenure, we just fell short. McInnes deserves credit for staying with us and helping to rebuild a squad that had lost many of the players who did so well over the years, even though some of the signings don't seem to have paid off at the minute. Trying to replace him along with everyone else though, would have been a disaster. What I do have an issue with, though, is the absolutely disgraceful way that Rangers and their pals in the media have set out to completely unstable our club. It's not acceptable.

Rangers had weeks to make their move and for whatever reasons they didn't and the whole thing has been allowed to drag on. As a result, McInnes was forced to answer countless questions about his future whilst trying to prepare the team for the double header against Rangers. The team he has been touted by many to join. The game on Sunday... I wasn't there but I watched it on TV. I have never heard such a flat atmosphere in Pittodrie for a game against Rangers. You could tell that everyone was just exasperated which left an awkward atmosphere. Also, as a player how are you supposed to motivate yourself to play for someone who might not be 100% committed himself? Rangers clearly had a game plan and it's worked out perfectly. It's at best poor sportsmanship and at worst downright sabotage. All this has unfortunately left McInnes' position untenable and there is no way he should be in the dugout on Friday if no solution has been reached by then. One way or another I just want us to move on.

In the inevitable event that we need to find ourselves a new manager, who would we like to see? Jack Ross has been mentioned in a few circles along with Tommy Wright and Alan Archibald. I like Archibald but something about him just doesn't fill me with hope. Tommy Wright has done a fantastic job at St Johnstone but yet again I just can't see him in the dugout at Pittodrie. Jack Ross seems to be flavour of the month at the moment and the turnaround he has made at St Mirren has been very impressive but he would still be a gamble. If it was up to me, I would be looking at slightly more out the box appointment. It would still be a gamble but I would like to see us make an approach for Danny Cowley at Lincoln City. He has Lincoln performing exceptionally well on meagre resources and is one of the most exciting young managers in England. Could he make the step up? Would he want to? I don't know! I just want to throw a different hat into the ring other than the same old tired names we're likely to hear in the guise of Hughes, Strachan, McCleish etc. No matter what happens I think we need to be positive for a change and look at how a new management team could invigorate us, rather than mourn the loss of one who has perhaps lost his appetite. 

i see we have started our press machinations to tap up the replacement in a rangers stylee:

If Derek McInnes joins Rangers, then St Mirren boss Jack Ross would be a perfect fit to replace him at Aberdeen, says former Dons midfielder Neale Cooper. (Daily Record)

I hear we have Hewitt, Snelders and Cato Guntveit lined up for the rest of the campaign.