The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It needs put to bed.

I am absolutely sick of it now, and losing twice in a row to them in the manner we have is making me a bitter, bitter man.

I love Derek but if he's going then just go please.

I think he's gone personally, his body language yesterday told a story.  

12 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

Even if McInnes stays, it's difficult for him now. He's tried to be careful with his words in the media but it's dragged on for so long, everyone knows exactly what he's doing. He's not explicitly ruling himself out of the Rangers job for good reason. It'd take a lot to win the fans back over and I don't think he's got it in him. 

Would be nice to just draw a line under it and move on now. 

If McInnes stays then it won't be difficult for him - he will be judged on results although even if results do go against us then I think he will get the time due to what he has achieved in the last 4 seasons. 

17 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

4 points out of the last 15 available. Two home losses in a row, one of them to a team down to ten men, in poor form. Is it ok to panic slightly now? I'll be quietly happy to finish third at the moment.

2 games ago a lot of Aberdeen fans would say they would be disappointed with 3rd - got to wonder if the McInnes speculation has affected the players but we always have a poor spell under McInnes during a season and maybe this is ours just now

Edited by betting competition

16 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Ross has undoubtedly done a very good job at St Mirren, but I reckon our fans would quite quickly be on his back if he didn't hit the ground running here. 

He might, however, prove to be a gamble worth taking in the long run, especially considering the relative dearth of really strong candidates from within the Premiership or with top-flight experience. I suppose I should wait and see what happens with McInnes over the next week before worrying too much about potential successors, though. 

Naa. Too big a risk. Jack still has work to do with us anyway so he's going nowhere.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

It needs put to bed.

I am absolutely sick of it now, and losing twice in a row to them in the manner we have is making me a bitter, bitter man.

I love Derek but if he's going then just go please.

I think he's gone personally, his body language yesterday told a story.  

I agree it needs to be sorted this week

I'm a big Derek McInnes fan as think he is our best manager since Fergie but taking away Celtic his teams has bottled big games more often than not.

If McInnes does go I think it will be a mistake as Celtic have a great Manager and they won't win the league if Brendan stays so could be sacked within a season. European fitba might get them a bigger budget but it is near impossible to qualify to Europa League as we have found to our cost so can't see the debt coming down which looks like their financial plan.

Edited by betting competition

No idea what the problem with McInnes staying would be. If he goes to Rangers, it’s because he wants to go there. If he turns them down, it’s because he wants to stay with Aberdeen. I would say if the latter happens, and I’m not sure either way, it would be a massive boost to Aberdeen. How can it be otherwise?

No idea what the problem with McInnes staying would be. If he goes to Rangers, it’s because he wants to go there. If he turns them down, it’s because he wants to stay with Aberdeen. I would say if the latter happens, and I’m not sure either way, it would be a massive boost to Aberdeen. How can it be otherwise?

You’d think so, but some of our fans would consider the bridges burnt if he openly held talks with them, as he did with Sunderland.

Even him being open to hear what they have to say would be enough for some fans to completely lose faith in him.

It may be the case that he’s willing to listen to them, but knows it’d take something special to tempt him away from us (like full control of the football operations)

Unlikely to be a black and white case of him either wanting it or not wanting it - could be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

You’d think so, but some of our fans would consider the bridges burnt if he openly held talks with them, as he did with Sunderland.

Even him being open to hear what they have to say would be enough for some fans to completely lose faith in him.

It may be the case that he’s willing to listen to them, but knows it’d take something special to tempt him away from us (like full control of the football operations)

Unlikely to be a black and white case of him either wanting it or not wanting it - could be wrong though.

Have we got the highest percentage of utter zoomers  in our support of any club in existence? I sometimes think so.

They will have done you if the fans react badly if he somehow does end up staying. Aberdeen fans need to stick by him. Remember what he’s done for the club.

He has certainly improved you, but has flattered to deceive. Getting a tag of chokers. Over the Rangers issue has flirted with them by first fluttering his eye lashes at them by staying silent on it until his chairman said something on it which in turn forced McInnes to say something almost definite, but not quite. With the two defeats against Rangers he has completely dropped his knickers to them by his tactical ineptitude. If he is approached and goes it will be messy. If he stays it may be poisonous. He may as well go. Hopefully he crashes and burns.

23 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I don't see any way back for him if that happens. 

If he'd gone to Sunderland in the summer, it would have felt like a black tie was required.

My gut feeling is I'd still rather he stays - but so far he seems to have made a bit of a horlicks of rebuilding us following the loss of Taylor-Jack-Hayes-McGinn.

He's a slave to his system, but it seems the players that looked good in the SPL 4yrs ago that we've signed, can't necessarily fit into it - and guys like Logan, Considine and Rooney are also struggling badly as a consequence.

So far this season, he's still just about managed to eek out enough points against the bottom six to make it seem like we're competitive - but anyone who's watched us week in week out, or our televised 'big' games will see that we've gone backwards at an alarming rate.

If we do have to go out and get someone new, I'd be happy with Jack Ross - seems like a guy on the upward trajectory......... 

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Exactly!

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

It’s been an unprecedented media campaign to get him to Mordor. Never seen anything like it. I can understand any manager having a policy of batting speculation off, but unfortunately it’s spectacularly backfired.

Of course there's a media campaign but he is the blatantly obvious candidate.

I think it’s a fairly open secret that, prior to Warburton, McInnes spoke to Sevco and knocked them back. It didn’t do him any harm then. If anything, I would think Deek openly telling the **** to poke it again would galvanise the fans.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Surely it's possible that McInnes wants to go but Rangers fail to agree the compensation with Aberdeen then look elsewhere for their new manager, with McInnes remaining at Aberdeen despite wanting to leave? That scenario would be a massive problem for Aberdeen if McInnes continued to be distracted and the poor form of the last five games continued long-term.

Heard the media is camped outside Pittodrie today - the way the media have conducted over the last 5 weeks Aberdeen should not speak to them.   

I drove past Pittodrie twice today - there's no media about.

As for Jack Ross - if McCann left, we'd obviously go after him again. Aberdeen is a bit of a jump though as he's not proven anything yet. Surely you'd be more looking at someone like Strachan? Or dare I say it, McLeish?

I drove past Pittodrie twice today - there's no media about.

As for Jack Ross - if McCann left, we'd obviously go after him again. Aberdeen is a bit of a jump though as he's not proven anything yet. Surely you'd be more looking at someone like Strachan? Or dare I say it, McLeish?

I’d have Jack Ross in a flash compared to those dinosaurs.

More than happy with Derek though.