The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I remember that 0-0 as well. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a shot on target from either side. September the 11th it was, and I was unbelievably hungover which made it worse, watching eye bleed football with an away crowd with so little to cheer there wasn't even an atmosphere.

The only game I've been to where the entire stadium was united in booing the teams off. Both teams were terrible and served up surely one of the worst games ever.

Anyone else go to the q and a with Derek tonight? Some interesting answers about topics ranging from the new stadium, GMS, Ryan Jack, our Europa campaign, turning down Sunderland and the January 2016 transfer window.

Quote of the night: when Derek was asked if he would be the manager for the first game at the new stadium (whenever that may be).

He replied "I f*cking hope so. I wouldn't want anyone else out there with my team."

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Quote of the night: when Derek was asked if he would be the manager for the first game at the new stadium (whenever that may be).

He replied "I f*cking hope so. I wouldn't want anyone else out there with my team."

I love him so much :wub:

Anyone else go to the q and a with Derek tonight? Some interesting answers about topics ranging from the new stadium, GMS, Ryan Jack, our Europa campaign, turning down Sunderland and the January 2016 transfer window.

Any chance of a full run thru for those not there? Thanks

Any chance of a full run thru for those not there? Thanks

He believes the new stadium and facilities will help him sign players from England and admits that the current situation makes things difficult. Scottish players already know the situation.

GMS got a grilling from his teammates. Reynolds put up a picture of him and Armstrong photoshopped onto the Inbetweeners boat sketch in the dressing room when he got back. He said when he go the call that GMS was the last player he expected to be involved in this and confirmed he got chucked out the nightclub (didn't mention how he ended up in the river!). He's been brilliant in training this week apparently.

He said Ryan Jack wanted a move to a big-ish team in England but the best/only offer he got was from Barnsley. When the Rangers rumours were first around, Jack told McInnes there had been no approach, make of that what you will.

He appreciates the Apollon have European pedigree but said they were there for the taking. Not having May and players like GMS and Stewart not having played much hampered our chances.

The first week of his summer holiday was ruined by Johnny Hayes trying to sort out a move to Celtic and the second week ruined by the Sunderland chairman trying to speak to him. He went with his gut feeling and that was that he had unfinished business at Aberdeen.

January 2016 window: we had very little money left in the budget. Blamed the nature of the January window for not being able to get a good replacement for Ward in. Church was signed to be played alongside Rooney as a front 2. Centre mid was a priority and they didn't want to pay Tansey's release clause initially. With 3 days of the window to go they hadn't identified anyone as good as Tansey so they reluctantly agreed to meet the clause. ICT ignored calls and emails and rode it out until the window closed (against the player's wishes).

Some interesting comments on the youth system. He thinks we're producing good technical players but they often lack the mentality to play for the first team at the top end of the Premiership. He was disappointed that they closed the Edinburgh and Glasgow centres but appreciates that we shouldn't miss out on good north east players now. He mentioned that good Aberdeen teams have always featured players from the central belt. Pretty much what he was getting at is that Aberdonians are a bunch of softies.

He believes the new stadium and facilities will help him sign players from England and admits that the current situation makes things difficult. Scottish players already know the situation.

GMS got a grilling from his teammates. Reynolds put up a picture of him and Armstrong photoshopped onto the Inbetweeners boat sketch in the dressing room when he got back. He said when he go the call that GMS was the last player he expected to be involved in this and confirmed he got chucked out the nightclub (didn't mention how he ended up in the river!). He's been brilliant in training this week apparently.

He said Ryan Jack wanted a move to a big-ish team in England but the best/only offer he got was from Barnsley. When the Rangers rumours were first around, Jack told McInnes there had been no approach, make of that what you will.

He appreciates the Apollon have European pedigree but said they were there for the taking. Not having May and players like GMS and Stewart not having played much hampered our chances.

The first week of his summer holiday was ruined by Johnny Hayes trying to sort out a move to Celtic and the second week ruined by the Sunderland chairman trying to speak to him. He went with his gut feeling and that was that he had unfinished business at Aberdeen.

January 2016 window: we had very little money left in the budget. Blamed the nature of the January window for not being able to get a good replacement for Ward in. Church was signed to be played alongside Rooney as a front 2. Centre mid was a priority and they didn't want to pay Tansey's release clause initially. With 3 days of the window to go they hadn't identified anyone as good as Tansey so they reluctantly agreed to meet the clause. ICT ignored calls and emails and rode it out until the window closed (against the player's wishes).

Some interesting comments on the youth system. He thinks we're producing good technical players but they often lack the mentality to play for the first team at the top end of the Premiership. He was disappointed that they closed the Edinburgh and Glasgow centres but appreciates that we shouldn't miss out on good north east players now. He mentioned that good Aberdeen teams have always featured players from the central belt. Pretty much what he was getting at is that Aberdonians are a bunch of softies.

Many thanks, great insight

He is a wonderful man

12 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Decent manager Del. Great at getting things across, whether that be with media, players or fans. St Johnstone give great grounding for aspiring managers with a few brain cells.