The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

Milsom and Folly was decent as well. Josh on his day was unplayable

Brown signed Milsom, but yeah I liked him too. Incredibly one-footed though. 

I felt so sorry for Folly when he had to retire. He always seemed like a calm, composed presence in our disaster of a midfield.

Nae angry but utterly despondent.  The twa Neil's fiasco at Tynecastle.  I was so desperate for them to do well, but alas the shambles that Dingus left was irretrievable.

There was another shambles at Tynecastle under Uncle Ebbe, now I was super angry at that.  I can't remember the score but I do remember that 30mins in, Hearts had had 83% possession.  I fvkkin ask you!

Yours, having a little greet! 

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Nae angry but utterly despondent.  The twa Neil's fiasco at Tynecastle.  I was so desperate for them to do well, but alas the shambles that Dingus left was irretrievable.

There was another shambles at Tynecastle under Uncle Ebbe, now I was super angry at that.  I can't remember the score but I do remember that 30mins in, Hearts had had 83% possession.  I fvkkin ask you!

aDONis

I recall a 4-1 pumping in 1997 under Aitken. We went 1-0 up after 10min and we're 3-1 down before half time.

Met Chick Young and Dean Windass too. And then saw myself on sportscene just after the 4th goal had gone in, with the statement 'The young Aberdeen fans have not enjoyed this at all'

A terrible day all round.

13 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Queen's Park was definitely more stunned silence, I'd say the Raith game would've been angry regardless of the result.

Never heard one of our own players get the level of booing that Kerr did that day, and it was totally justified.

I thought Queens Park was pretty bad especially after 90 minutes and then 120 minutes with the fans turning on the players singing "You're not fit to wear the shirt". 

Mark Reynolds signs 1-year extension to his contract - haven't been impressed with the start he has made this season
http://www.afc.co.uk/news/10049.php#.Wa65fciGNPY

after reading the last four pages I think that Mark Reynolds is ace.
Jerel Ifil
Dave Bus
Zander Diamond
I think we even played Stuart Duff at CB v Sigma, but it could have been Derek Young.

see. Mark Reynolds is Ace.

aDONis

Was that the one when Brown had already been announced but hadn't officially started? I don't remember much anger, by that time I was just worried. I know the jury is still out on Brown but considering where we were when he took over I'm firmly in the 'he settled the ship' camp.

McKenna played well in the Scotland u21 win over the Netherlands, solid at the back next to Souttar and good in the air in the opposition box. Wright came on at the end, but the stream cut out. Stand out was Lewis Morgan of St Mirren, rapid winger. Perhaps he'd be worth a couple of starts vs the lesser sides in the league. 

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Was that the one when Brown had already been announced but hadn't officially started? I don't remember much anger, by that time I was just worried. I know the jury is still out on Brown but considering where we were when he took over I'm firmly in the 'he settled the ship' camp.

He did alright up to a point, in that you weren't worried that we'd be in a relegation battle. We were so so dour in his second season though. There was a 0-0 against Hibs at Easter Road which was not just the worst football match, but the worst thing I've ever seen in any medium.

I just had a look, and at one point we went 13 games without losing, but that included four 0-0 draws and four 1-1 draws. Must be one of the most underwhelming unbeaten runs of all time. :lol: Also folk like t have a go at our crowds now, but looking back at 2011/12 shows how much McInnes has galvanised the support. There were loads of sub 9,000 crowds, and our second last home game of the season only had 5,000 there.

We also really should have made the top 6 in his final season.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

28 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

He did alright up to a point, in that you weren't worried that we'd be in a relegation battle. We were so so dour in his second season though. There was a 0-0 against Hibs at Easter Road which was not just the worst football match, but the worst thing I've ever seen in any medium.

I just had a look, and at one point we went 13 games without losing, but that included four 0-0 draws and four 1-1 draws. Must be one of the most underwhelming unbeaten runs of all time. :lol: Also folk like t have a go at our crowds now, but looking back at 2011/12 shows how much McInnes has galvanised the support. There were loads of sub 9,000 crowds, and our second last home game of the season only had 5,000 there.

Wasn't that McInnes' first game as manager? 

The angriest for me was the Dundee Utd semi final. We were losing 3 1 and calderwood brought on Dave bus, I was steaming but I was also raging as were the fans around me. Lee Miller then got sent off and we conceded again just to top it all off.

I was at the queen of the South game but fortunately can't recall any of it really. Had to check the score when I woke up the next day.

I've witnessed some of our worst ever performances and I'm just so glad we have a competent manager who players want to play for now.

Was that semi not called off originally. Sure it was torrential rain in Edinburgh and it was postponed from the original date.

19 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Was that semi not called off originally. Sure it was torrential rain in Edinburgh and it was postponed from the original date.

I had a ticket to see Swedish metal band Dark Tranquility for the night of the rearranged game.   Wish I'd stayed in Aberdeen and gone to that gig instead.

Aye we'd purchased a substantial carry out for the bus to the original and were in the toby in BoD when the game was called off. Proceeded to drink said carry out in the Toby, Eventually getting chucked out when the bar staff belated realised they had a bus load of steamers that had bought about a pint each. Proceeded to take remainder of carry out down to the parkway and repeat the dose.

Still one of my favourite fitba days despite the lack of a game.

I remember that 0-0 as well. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a shot on target from either side. September the 11th it was, and I was unbelievably hungover which made it worse, watching eye bleed football with an away crowd with so little to cheer there wasn't even an atmosphere.

But Brown took away the relegation threat, sured up the defence (something that gave McInnes something to build on) and signed some key players for us. He left at the right time but I greatly appreciate his time with us.

Wasn't that McInnes' first game as manager? 

No, I think his first game was a 0-0 against Hibs but the Craig Brown game was in September (I remember as it was my birthday and used that excuse to take my then girlfriend to the game, neither the relationship nor her support for football survived much longer, can't blame her tbh). It was really turgid stuff.