The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Dunno, Queen's Park in the cup and the semi v Queen of the South run it close

I wasn't at the Queens Park game, but the semi against Queen of the South was more stunned silence where I was sitting. The anger came afterwards. I thought the Raith Rovers atmosphere almost felt poisonous.

That's probably the most angry atmosphere of any game I've been at outside of Ibrox.

The angriest for me was the Dundee Utd semi final. We were losing 3 1 and calderwood brought on Dave bus, I was steaming but I was also raging as were the fans around me. Lee Miller then got sent off and we conceded again just to top it all off.

I was at the queen of the South game but fortunately can't recall any of it really. Had to check the score when I woke up the next day.

I've witnessed some of our worst ever performances and I'm just so glad we have a competent manager who players want to play for now.

Anyone here at Parkhead for the 9-0 game? I wasn't there thankfully (I was driving from Keith to Aberdeen and turned off the radio before hearing the full extent of the disaster), but I'm curious as to what the reaction was of Dons fans who were actually there.

I left at five. Sixth went in while having a piss. Seven as I hailed a taxi on London Road. Eight and nine by the time I got to the pub where I waited for my mates while listening to gloating celtic fans who hadn't even bothered to go.

Queen's Park game the fans were singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" as we stepped up to hit the first pen

Was only about 14 but I remember that Gary McDonald Raith Rovers atmosphere, christ what a bounce but my dad was fizzin as we drove up the road. I was less emotionally involved at that point, but going to the replay to see Gregory Tade put us out was probably my first taste of what was to come as an Aberdeen fan.

The atmosphere at Tynecastle that night was somewhat tense. Made even worse by Clangers shitting himself at a bag of chips.

My abiding memory is langfield shitting his pants at a cup of water whilst at our end zaluska was welcoming all and sundry being thrown at him.

In retrospect not the worst defeat I've witnessed but certainly one of the angriest I've ever felt leaving a dons game.

17 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Anyone here at Parkhead for the 9-0 game? I wasn't there thankfully (I was driving from Keith to Aberdeen and turned off the radio before hearing the full extent of the disaster), but I'm curious as to what the reaction was of Dons fans who were actually there.

Yes, I was there - stayed just about until the final whistle. I can't remember too much about the fan reaction, but I just about recall being infuriated at the complete absence of professionalism and care demonstrated across the team. I wasn't as angry travelling back from that as I was after the 4-3 QotS semi-final defeat, though. 

ETA: Most dejected I've been was probably after the penalty shootout defeat to East Fife, bottom of the second division at the time. I maintain that Chris Clark's performance that night was arguably the worst I have ever seen from an Aberdeen player. 

Edited by DrewDon

Every time someone mentions McDonald I can't help but look back on the cup game when he scored a last minute (and completely underserved) equaliser against Raith Rovers. It was a celebration that a last minute equaliser always brings followed quickly by anger and frustration and people feeling guilty about celebrating a goal after such a terrible performance.

Was at that game and remember being genuinely angry for celebrating when we scored. Did they not pump us in the replay at Pittodrie anyway.

I was there and it was pretty similar to Glasgow Sheep. My bird was starting a new job in a Glasgow City Centre pub that night so we were always leaving early anyway. Was 5 when we left and 7 by the time we'd got a cab. Met up with GS and a few others in the pub to discuss how McGhee had said it was only 3 points. That, Queen of the South and 1-6 vs Livi are the only times I've been at games and been genuinely embarrassed by the team.

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Think my worst was the 2-0 gubbing by stenhousemuir in the cup, mid nineties.
Living in the area, I went all Bertie Big Baws, but we were fucking terrible.

What made this even worse (if it could ever get worse) was it came a week after beating TCFKAR 2-0 at Pittodrie

We didn't win again until April 15th when we beat Celtic 2-0 at home

That whole season was one of unremitting failure (it also included Skonto fucking Riga) and that team were gutless fuckers. The Rage in Aberdeen for those 9 months was the inspiration for 28 Days later

Milson was a very decent player that got done by non sevco Naismith. Naismith injured himself trying to do our Rob.
The resounding opinion that day was Karma ya *** b*****d

Yep and Ian durrant was wheeled out by the gutter press to demonise the evil dons fans about Naismith.

His challenge on milsom that day was an absolute sickener and there is a still somewhere of the moment showing naismiths face at the time it was total intent.

Yep and Ian durrant was wheeled out by the gutter press to demonise the evil dons fans about Naismith.

His challenge on milsom that day was an absolute sickener and there is a still somewhere of the moment showing naismiths face at the time it was total intent.

I do appreciate the wheeled out line. Kudos

I mind being at the Stenhousemuir game but that was more of an air of abject acceptance at how pish we were.

Raith replay and QP were games where there was definite anger amongst the support.

Personally the angriest I think I've personally felt was at an end of season game v Hearts (can't remember the exact year) but we lost 5-0 (or 5-1) Whyte was in defence and Ward was in goal and it was like they'd given up and didn't give a f**k.