The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Tonight my fellow Saintees, people who I called my friends, have decided to shun my match thread for next weeks Celtic clash. I've been officially abandoned. I came here because I didn't know where else to go...

Best thing to do is get the Blue away Dons top with 'May' on the back. Baby steps.

May and possibly Maynard will be able to offer us something against the better teams that Rooney occasionally has not been able to, which reduces our dependency on Stockley from last season. He's probably fourth in the pecking order now. I wouldn't lose sleep if he moved on. League Two is probably his level at the moment. 

Edited by DrewDon

I like the guy. He puts the effort in, and he's chipped in with a few goals, but with Maynard, May and Rooney you've got three different types of players and it doesn't really leave space for a Stockley. Probably best for his career to move on and frees up a wage for us.

I like the guy. He puts the effort in, and he's chipped in with a few goals, but with Maynard, May and Rooney you've got three different types of players and it doesn't really leave space for a Stockley. Probably best for his career to move on and frees up a wage for us.

I like having the target man option in the squad, and I've seen a lot worse target men play for us than him. Agree that he's probably not going to get much game time now though.

Defensive player in with the freed wages?

The Club have said until it's blue in the face we can't redevelop Pittodrie, the South, Main and Merkland Stands are too close to residential property to redevelop.
We also couldn't even afford to shut the Main Stand, it's an essential part of commercial income. 

How are Spurs managing? Hearts? Dozens more gone by.

I could be done with effort. The club/Milne just don't want to.

14 hours ago, milton75 said:

True, but look at the footprint. It's awkward, not impossible.

I read the feasability study, when the club released it (a' four-hunner thoosan poonds o' it).

Now please bare with me that this was done circa 2002/3 IIRC and I haven't got an eidetic memory, and I've lost the report on some old hard disk somewhere during the 15 or so years that have elapsed.

The four main goals were;

Training facilities

WAFFA compliance

Capacity of circa 20,000 (with possible expansion for if Scotland attracted a major tournament: stop laughing).

Increased corporate and other revenues.

Re-developing Pittodrie's current site was least able to deliver on those aspirations because WAFFA compliance means not only a wider pitch, but also a wider run off between pitch and terraces.  Meaning less room for stands and corporate facilities.

Kings Links proposal was an option, but hampered by covenant on the land, didn't deliver training facilities and had an additional risk regarding the foundations which could have added circa £10m to the build.

Loirston was preferred because it could deliver all of the above, and at the time there was a belief that the Council would chip in as well.  (What did I tell you about the laughing!)

There were a whole pile of interesting other stuff about the relative merits/demerits of each option but from what I recall, what I've just described was it in a nut-shell.

The only other thing I can promise you is that the report wasn't done on the cheap.  Circa £400k was the sum mentioned in one of the notes to the accounts.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

if stockley, storie and mckenna (loan) move out this week. who would we fancy bringing in with the spare wages?
presume a loanee from deepest england

A defensive midfield player or a centre half. We could do with both if Arnason isn't fancied. Very surprised that he has still not been seen since the Accies home match.

A defensive midfield player or a centre half. We could do with both if Arnason isn't fancied. Very surprised that he has still not been seen since the Accies home match.

Didn't look interested at all when he was warming up pre match yesterday with Reynolds and GMS. Def in a mood.