The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Delighted with the result last night, congratulations!
Great to see a Scottish team win in Europe, and even better to not have anyone associated with the club taint it.

Bit of a tangent - I keep seeing Aberdeen linked with centre forwards, but are you guys comfortable with your options at centre-half?
Cant help but think Aberdeen are only a centre-half from a very good first XI (rather than just good).
Unless the Ice-man can help Reynolds rediscover his form?

Could maybe improve further by putting Shinnie at leftback ahead of Considine (who I do quite like), but cant see anyone who could then replace Shinnie in midfield?

Just an outsider looking in so could be bollocks.

Regardless, signings so far look astute, best of luck with the European adventure.

Edited by dingdong1929

39 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Delighted with the result last night, congratulations!
Great to see a Scottish team win in Europe, and even better to not have anyone associated with the club taint it.

Bit of a tangent - I keep seeing Aberdeen linked with centre forwards, but are you guys comfortable with your options at centre-half?
Cant help but think Aberdeen are only a centre-half from a very good first XI (rather than just good).
Unless the Ice-man can help Reynolds rediscover his form?

Could maybe improve further by putting Shinnie at leftback ahead of Considine (who I do quite like), but cant see anyone who could then replace Shinnie in midfield?

Just an outsider looking in so could be bollocks.

Regardless, signings so far look astute, best of luck with the European adventure.

Reynolds was at his best when he was playing alongside Anderson. I'd hope with Arnason coming in they can develop a similar partnership.

I expect us to sign another striker but don't think we should be breaking the bank. Hopefully McInnes can help Maynard discover his early career promise. If we do get another striker in Storey will surely go out on loan. 

9 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Reynolds was at his best when he was playing alongside Anderson. I'd hope with Arnason coming in they can develop a similar partnership.

I expect us to sign another striker but don't think we should be breaking the bank. Hopefully McInnes can help Maynard discover his early career promise. If we do get another striker in Storey will surely go out on loan. 

Aye, fingers crossed, shame to see Reynolds regress and would like to see Aberdeen finish at least second again.

Maynard is an interesting signing, could be a player in there.  
Bit surprised how poor Storey has been given how good he was at Caley, and not a big fan of Stockdale, an improvement on those two wouldn't hurt.

5 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

If you have managed to remain composed in this situation, I salute you.
I would have been a gibbering wreck.

I just about managed to hold it together, but I was obviously starstruck on the inside. I was only helping out my Dad by picking up a parcel for him, so to see the Dons' star man in the flesh was a nice touch. 

Marginally beats the time I said 'Hi' to Stuart Duff at Hazlehead golf club. 

Edited by DrewDon

29 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Is that Alan Burrows actually associated with Motherwell? Seems odd to have someone being that candid about transfer business.

21 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

This is from last June, but Im reasonably sure he's still in a similar role?

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/06/10/club-statement-alan-burrows/

Yeah, he's still in the same role as Chief Operating Officer.

There's definitely been a shift in tone coming out the club over the past few years. It's quite refreshing as a Motherwell fan tbh, I'm all for it.  Everyone knows the score with how they do business; if an offer comes in that suits Motherwell and the player then they won't stand in the way. However I'd imagine that the trade off is that the player and club (and presumably their agent) have an informal agreement as to the valuation that will be accepted.

The fact that someone at the club is willing to be vocal and clear about their position on this sort of thing is welcome. I think they're very aware that there has been a perception among fans that as a club they'd simply roll over and have their tummy tickled with the first offer that came in. Good examples are Ross McCormack and Jamie Murphy who ended up leaving for buttons. As a result that meant that with the way transfers are talked about any sort of speculation around Motherwell players just kind of festered with certain types of fans. There's probably an argument that the same perception is held by officials at other clubs as well, see Hearts £100k bid for Cadden as an example. Burrows directness seems like a response to that and also I'm pretty sure he's more than aware that rumours being generated on social media these days aren't particularly helpful.

It's quite amusing to hear all the "it's really unprofessional" chat when you see loads of fans of other clubs moaning about never hearing anything from their clubs to clarify situations.

I was so pissed when I met Eoin Jess on Union Street I can barely remember it. So as far as I'm concerned we shook hands like old friends and he thanked me for bowing down in the middle of the road (stopping traffic) and embarrassing him in front of the pals and relatives he was out for dinner with.

We still keep in touch to this day (we don't).

Edited by williemillersmoustache