The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

We just need to punt Ciftci to you now. £100,000 we'll give you to take him :lol:

I like the look of this Aberdeen side, a couple more and you could be stronger this season.

Good luck for tomorrow, hope you boys can take a good lead over to Bosnia.

The Times reporting we're still working on bringing Moult and Kari Arnason in.

Arnason still just seems like pure speculation but I would love him to come back. 

I'm sure he does but as he says an offer has to be accepted first. If Aberdeen's reported offer of £350k was knocked back do you think (honesty) there's much chance of Aberdeen matching Motherwell's valuation?

As RussellAnderson says it's doubtful that Moult is worth as much to Aberdeen as he is Motherwell. If Motherwell are looking for around the £650k they got from Oxford for Marvin Johnson I really can't see McInnes being willing to pay close to that (nor does he need to IMO).

There's absolutely no new information in that interview tbh and while Aberdeen have had a bid rejected there's not a chance the "come and get me" is Aberdeen specific.

Won't McLean play deep with Tansey? Maloney is injured isn't he

Maybe the odd game. Mclean plays behind the striker usually. Shinnie and tansey will be our centre mids.

Maloney is injured yes but he'll be back at some point providing we sign him of course.

Pretty happy with the business so far. A CB is a must tho.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'm sure he does but as he says an offer has to be accepted first. If Aberdeen's reported offer of £350k was knocked back do you think (honesty) there's much chance of Aberdeen matching Motherwell's valuation?

As RussellAnderson says it's doubtful that Moult is worth as much to Aberdeen as he is Motherwell. If Motherwell are looking for around the £650k they got from Oxford for Marvin Johnson I really can't see McInnes being willing to pay close to that (nor does he need to IMO).

There's absolutely no new information in that interview tbh and while Aberdeen have had a bid rejected there's not a chance the "come and get me" is Aberdeen specific.

I agree with you.

He's Motherwell's player at the moment and Moult's value to you is almost certainly greater than Aberdeen are willing (or able) to pay.

I just posted the link because despite the justifiably good things Moult has to say about Motherwell, it's fairly obvious he wants to move. He wasn't club specific of course, but as Aberdeen at this moment seem to be the only club to have made a bid for him you have to imagine he would be open to talking about a transfer, if it came to that.

Mount is a decent player and would thrive on the service he would get playing for you guys, but he is not worth £500k. I think £400k max is all he is worth and doubt DM will be duped into paying any more.

If you get Moult do you reckon that's curtains for Storey? I know it's rumoured we are in for him, but no real progress being reported

14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
I agree with you.
He's Motherwell's player at the moment and Moult's value to you is almost certainly greater than Aberdeen are willing (or able) to pay.
I just posted the link because despite the justifiably good things Moult has to say about Motherwell, it's fairly obvious he wants to move. He wasn't club specific of course, but as Aberdeen at this moment seem to be the only club to have made a bid for him you have to imagine he would be open to talking about a transfer, if it came to that.

Aye. I think the actual interview part of that article has been lifted from a video Motherwell posted with Moult yesterday if it's not then he said pretty much the same thing in the video.

The whole "stay here for a season or two, play well & move to a bigger club" thing is exactly the pitch we sell to players we're recruiting. We've done the same with Bigirimana this summer.

As it stands I'd imagine that Motherwell's (and quite possibly the player's) preferred destination will still be England. Marvin Johnson being linked with a £2m move to Leicester, Villa or Birmingham this morning is a timely reminder of why given our sell on % from that deal. I'd hope that the player's agent is currently on the phone reminding the clubs down south who have shown some interest in the past of the player's ambitions to play at a higher level.

Of course if we end up heading to the end of the window and Aberdeen end up as the only firm offer there's clearly a decision. I'd be interested to know how long McInnes would be prepared to wait though.

Edited by capt_oats

Aye. I think the actual interview part of that article has been lifted from a video Motherwell posted with Moult yesterday if it's not then he said pretty much the same thing in the video.

The whole "stay here for a season or two, play well & move to a bigger club" thing is exactly the pitch we sell to players we're recruiting. We've done the same with Bigirimana this summer.

As it stands I'd imagine that Motherwell's (and quite possibly the player's) preferred destination will still be England. Marvin Johnson being linked with a £2m move to Leicester, Villa or Birmingham this morning is a timely reminder of why given our sell on % from that deal. I'd hope that the player's agent is currently on the phone reminding the clubs down south who have shown some interest in the past of the player's ambitions to play at a higher level.

Of course if we end up heading to the end of the window and Aberdeen end up as the only firm offer there's clearly a decision. I'd be interested to know how long McInnes would be prepared to wait though.

McInnes has indicated he is patient when it comes to trying to sign the right man. We're not desperate for a striker, we've got four on the books. I think it's a position where he could wait till the deadline and see what's available.

Just now, RussellAnderson said:

McInnes has indicated he is patient when it comes to trying to sign the right man. We're not desperate for a striker, we've got four on the books. I think it's a position where he could wait till the deadline and see what's available.

The fact Moult's still recovering from injury probably plays quite well in that respect too. McInnes is patient, we're patient (the Johnson thing dragged out all summer last year) and the player himself has said that he's not going to kick the door down to demand a move. We'll see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if Motherwell, the player and his agent have an informal agreement as to what sort of valuation should be accepted tbh.

I think McInnes should hang fire for the meantime. The player can't play in our next two matches and hasn't played pre-season.

I think waiting till nearer the deadline is a good option as I'd not be keen to pay more than £400k + a player maybe

Both Moult and May are out of contract next year so could be available for sale price in January

I think McInnes should hang fire for the meantime. The player can't play in our next two matches and hasn't played pre-season.
I think waiting till nearer the deadline is a good option as I'd not be keen to pay more than £400k + a player maybe
Both Moult and May are out of contract next year so could be available for sale price in January

From our point of view, we're probably hoping that May has a shitter of a season for Neil at Preston, and can become available in Jan or gets let go in the summer.

1 hour ago, Vinnyjag said:

Mount is a decent player and would thrive on the service he would get playing for you guys, but he is not worth £500k. I think £400k max is all he is worth and doubt DM will be duped into paying any more.

If you get Moult do you reckon that's curtains for Storey? I know it's rumoured we are in for him, but no real progress being reported

I suspect Storey is away regardless tbh