The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

51 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Sky Sports reporting we have Simon Church training with us, is he any good? Can't say I know much about him tbh.

He did ok at Aberdeen nothing amazing but did have Hayes and McGinn creating chances for him. He went to Holland last season but had a major hip injury for the season so obviously a bit of a risk for you guys. 

Edited by Milners

Church was a strange one. He scored goals for us, but his general play wasn't great - he looked hopelessly lightweight at times. I was quite glad that we didn't sign him after his loan expired, but there are definitely worse options out there for Premiership teams. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Church was a strange one. He scored goals for us, but his general play wasn't great - he looked hopelessly lightweight at times. I was quite glad that we didn't sign him after his loan expired, but there are definitely worse options out there for Premiership teams. 

He's a poor man's Adam Rooney. 

Without Hayes and McGinn to ping in 45 crosses a game I can imagine him going something like 5 years without a goal.

Yeah, he's not as good as Rooney certainly but I think he's a decent SPFL level player who could do a decent job for most teams in the top flight. I think he would be surplus to requirements at Aberdeen but if I was a Hibs fan I would be fairly pleased if he signed.

Simon Church broke through when I was a regular at Reading and I would say that he hasn't really developed since then.  

He has a touch of the Josh 'big Wilf' Magennis' about him, in that he seems to be in roughly the right place at roughly the right time, but not quite good enough.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he isn't.  I just get frustrated with him not quite being 'on it' all the time.

Yours

aDONis

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Big rumour that bid accepted for Moult.

There's a fair chance that rumour is coming from a Twitter account with the handle @AgentKevinITK...I'll leave it to you to judge the veracity. Again...Agent Kevin. #ITK

Five tweets down he seems to think Aberdeen are in the running for Jay Spearing so I'm calling bullshit on that one.

Aye the Jay Spearing rumour came out at the weekend. Absolutely no chance we can afford one of Bolton's top earners before he was released. Although local paper down there states it is only League 1 teams in for him at the moment.....

7 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Five tweets down he seems to think Aberdeen are in the running for Jay Spearing so I'm calling bullshit on that one.

FWIW: I think there's a fair chance you'll be back in for Moult. Whether you get him or not is a different story though. If you're in for GMS then that'd be your wildcard for the Euro tie.

As of this morning the state of play was pretty much the same as it was on Friday re: Moult. We've received one official bid and it's been rejected with no follow up as of 10:11am. There's a thread in the tweet below.