The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 6/22/2017 at 11:34, troopio said:

As annoying as his comments are he is kind of telling the truth........Boyce has even half a good season some idiotic Relegation Threatened Premiership Team will consider throwing silly money for him and for a Club like Burton that will keep them going for years........Sadly if he scores 30 for Aberdeen you are not going to get English Premier Clubs come calling, that is the difference at the moment hence the comments.

Being honest though, I don't think Boyce is all that anyway, yes he was top scorer in the League which I respect but it is arguably less pressure being a star for Ross County as opposed to the leading Man at a Club like Aberdeen, who is to say he would have found the same form at Aberdeen? He could very well go on to be a massive star for Burton but that is at Burton, a small fish where there is not much expectation as there is at Aberdeen.

I thought Boyce looked a lot better than Rooney although you never know until watching him every week.

Would be disappointed if the lad chose Burton instead of Aberdeen - but it is silly wages from teams in the championship. I can see with streaming is going to hurt the tv deals in England in the future as can't see Sky or BT Sport putting as much money into future deals.

2 hours ago, d31 said:

where are the signings!?!?!

Panic on the streets of Aberdeen. We have made two so far :) 

Edited by Milners

4 hours ago, jmothecat said:

So Milne suggested we would sign someone this week, it's now the end of the week and he's back to pleading for support from the fans. Doesn't bode well.

Think this interview is different and he is spot on if the fans don't turn up then our or budget will be cut which could result on our manager leaving. 

I can't believe last season our crowds went down with the type of football we was playing

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like May is signing once Preston complete a signing of their own

you think so? I see they've signed two strikers right enough but neither seem as senior as May

2 hours ago, Milners said:

Think this interview is different and he is spot on if the fans don't turn up then our or budget will be cut which could result on our manager leaving. 

I can't believe last season our crowds went down with the type of football we was playing

I can.

If you take the amount of folk on social media with the "Gutted I'm gonna miss this one" or "atmosphere/pies/stewards/weather excuse" and the "I only go to away games cos ye get bleezin and hae a bounce" then crowds do go down. Nae by much as these fannies only turn up for so called "big games" then bitch that they don't have enough points for important games.

Aberdeen and surrounding area has been hit with the downturn which factors in a fair bit as various season tickets went up a fair bit last season and It's nae a cheap day out.

Looking at the midweek games we have and the crazy December card then crowds will dwindle again. That's not the fault of AFC or it's supporters/fans/fairweathers.

Also, barring thon 2, who actually takes a support worth counting to Pittodrie?

Redknapp saying he's interested in McLean.
As much as I'd be against losing him now it's certainly better than him going to Rangers for nothing next year.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-transfers-harry-redknapp-13230390

'Former Rangers trainee'

9f30ff5c80c7c557a71ac0659fdf6a35.gif

I'd much rather McLean stayed regardless. To lose him as well would be a disaster. We don't need to sell.

I've always trusted McInnes but trying to replace Hayes, McGinn and McLean would be a massive task.

Not feeling overly confident for the Europa League tie just at the moment.