The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, AberDon said:

He scored one goal last season.

He only played 168 minutes of football :lol: Are you seriously slamming his goalscoring record last season?

2 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I forgot that the only thing that makes St Johnstone fans angrier than daring to suggest they play boring football is to say anything which could in any way be interpreted as a criticism of Stevie May.

And that they and their owner keep trying to get bigger teams to take their manager away. And then get upset when Tommy doesn't get offered any other job, ever. 

34 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I forgot that the only thing that makes St Johnstone fans angrier than daring to suggest they play boring football is to say anything which could in any way be interpreted as a criticism of Stevie May.

St Johnstone are a good team.... but 

41 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I'm not angry, just sort of perplexed at someone criticising May for only scoring one goal 180 minutes of football, after having a knee rebuilt.

You'll maybe experience the same when Celtic fans start slating Hayes for only getting 20 assists next season.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He only played 168 minutes of football :lol: Are you seriously slamming his goalscoring record last season?

'Scoring goals' would mean scoring more than one goal.

Sorry if this offends.

Think you'd be making an error signing May. He was a player who had a lot of potential yet hadn't really lived up to it as he moved South fairly quickly. He was still very raw when he left. His game was all pace and power, can't imagine the injury have been kind to those attributes. Think PNE being willing to flog him on the cheap to you should be a bit of a warning sign.

I don’t think the issue with May is his goals ratio in the past year, it’s the minutes he’s played and the goals he’s contributed since leaving St Johnstone. He has had a hard time with injury and not getting games. If it was 250k for the May that left St Johnstone it would be a steal but buying him now had an element of risk involved.

Saying that I think it’s one worth taking, would be great to belt out “who the f*ck is Stevie May" as he knocks in his 3rd against St Johnstone.

11 hours ago, jmothecat said:

You'd think you lot play like Barcelona the way you go on about it.

:lol:
Still hurts doesn't it?

I thought we were fucking invincible til that day. The pitfalls of our first genuinely successful season in my lifetime. I since learned to temper my expectations. I'm the better man for it. Thanks Stevie. I'd like you at the Dons because you look like a fucking rockstar, and you can smash trundlers in from 25 yards all the fucking time.

Media line seems to be Preston want to keep Stevie May but the player is open to the move. They are looking for £400,000, which would seem incredibly reckless from Aberdeen given the amount of football he's played in the last 18 months.

His spell in England seems to have been rewritten a bit though. He played regularly under Stuart Gray (39 apps, 26 starts) in his first season, was their second-top scorer, and broke into the Scotland squad but the new manager didn't fancy him at all and barely even involved him in pre-season. He got the move to Preston then almost immediately got the injury that has kept him out since.

This isn't a guy coming back to Scotland because he's flopped, it's a guy that's needing something to happen for him after playing less than two full matches since November 2015.

Would Derek McInnes be the right manager for him is another question? May was going nowhere under him and indeed McInnes was trying, or at least had tried, to mould him into a number ten. I doubt he'd do that now but for all McInnes will no doubt recall giving him his debut, he wasn't a manager that got much out of May at all.

His reputation is such that he'll still have his pick of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs next summer, so if I was him, I'd give it another go at Preston this season.

Rumours now that Maloney has signed. Source is @BobmartinTips. No idea on how itk he is.

Also hearing we are going to do our final bits of business with ICT and bring in Meekings and Draper.

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Meekings doesn't play for ICT so it would be a bit foolish of Aberdeen to contact them about him.

where is Meekings now? I thought he was just injured and so hadn't been playing. Or did he leave and has no club??